Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will replace my 4/2 pot setup. Will wait until the weather gets warmer for install.

This is to compare against the gold Brembo (that I have for sale):

These are Brembo Gran Turismo front and rear. Includes drilled/slotted Brembo rotors (2-piece fronts, 1-piece rears). They're supposed to be plug and play. We'll see. Came off of a 04 WRX. Yes, they're overkill. Yes, they weren't cheap. But if I sourced out fronts and rears, adapter brackets, pads, front rotors, special rear rotors, and lines, it would have cost about what I paid for them. So, in the long run, they're a wash.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I think so, too. Performance wise, they're probably no different than the goldies, but aesthetically, they look awesome. Not many people have the GT setup.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
why did you ditch the 4pots? i know it wasnt for tracking the car... bling factor? either way looks good, are you going to touch them up, maybe repaint them?

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why did you ditch the 4pots? i know it wasnt for tracking the car... bling factor? either way looks good, are you going to touch them up, maybe repaint them?
Ever since I rode in Ken's car and when he took off and then stopped on a dime, it got me convinced. Sure, I'm not pushing anything near what Ken is, but you never know. The other reason is bling.

I may also attend one of your auto-x events and see what that's all about. I think with Swifts, the ride may be too wishy-washy, but it does look like fun.

As for reconditioning them, they appear to be in great shape. Maybe find some red touchup paint for the few chips.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
Upon further consideration, I don't think they will look good on your car.
I'll take them off your hands to lessen the sting though!
o_O

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
look very nice. I know a local had that same set up on his wrb blue foz and looked great from his pics. I can't wait to get my brembos on now!!!!

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
I may also attend one of your auto-x events and see what that's all about. I think with Swifts, the ride may be too wishy-washy, but it does look like fun.

As for reconditioning them, they appear to be in great shape. Maybe find some red touchup paint for the few chips.
the swifts will be fine, i ran them my entire first season! the brembos look like they just need a good cleaning/waxing! i realized after i typed that it was brake dust not missing paint. btw what pads did you run in the 4pots? because setup correctly the 4pots will have just as much bite, just fade when pushed hard in a track like setting.

Upon further consideration, I don't think they will look good on your car.
I'll take them off your hands to lessen the sting though!
o_O
haha smooth :biggrin: i see what you are trying to do lol!

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the swifts will be fine, i ran them my entire first season! the brembos look like they just need a good cleaning/waxing! i realized after i typed that it was brake dust not missing paint. btw what pads did you run in the 4pots? because setup correctly the 4pots will have just as much bite, just fade when pushed hard in a track like setting.
I had Hawks on them.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
hps or hp+? the hps' are really equivalent to stock pads. the +'s will have a lot more bite, but will be dusty and will squeal like little piggies lol!

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hps or hp+? the hps' are really equivalent to stock pads. the +'s will have a lot more bite, but will be dusty and will squeal like little piggies lol!
Whichever was the street pad. Not sure if its the HPS or HP+ in either case they do squeal like piggies, but only in reverse.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts