Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting fellow Fozzy owners. My name is Kevin, and I stumbled upon your site when looking for more information on my newest addition. Before I divulge my new addition, let me give a little back story about me.
My first car was a Mazda 929 S and I hated it, so then I sold it to buy a True 89 EF9 RHD (Honda Civic Si Hatchback) and I loved everything about that car. The car went through many transformations from Riced out to JDM haven. I can't even remember how many different engines were in that car before I started to buy/rebuild D-Series motors into Turbo Machines. I used to get a lot of flack for building up the d-series when every one was going B-series,and then the almighty K, but I just kept buying the "dinky" little d-series, my excuse: Why jump on the latest bandwagon, when I can go around, and buy what people pull out of their car to jump on the band wagon.
At one point in time, I had a room in my house that had 15 engine stands(yes 15) all with d series motors on them. At that point in time I ran a successful Detailing and In-Car Entertainment business, so I was raking in the dough, and had built all the motors up mildly with the same internals and parts. Reason behind that was I was running a Turbo set-up and it was easy for the tuner if I popped one motor to quickly tune the next drop in. One day I was Leaving school in Orlando Florida when a crackhead came up to me, shot me, and stole the car from me, who within 30 seconds wrapped the car around a concrete light pole. After many surgeries and complications later, I am back to full health, and am ready to start driving a 5 spd again. And then I starting thinking: I don't want to buy a car that could possibly end me up in the same situation again. My friend has an 06 STi, and I love the thing to death, but I didn't want to buy one for fear of it getting stolen, or carjacked. then came what I consider another sign: My next door neighbor bought a Bug eye wrx. than another sign: my other good friend bought a Bug-eye as well, almost as if someone was trying to tell me to get into Subaru's.
So with the mentality wanting to get a Scooby, yet Kind of want to get a sleeper/ Boring car I fell in love with my newest addition: !998 Subaru Forester S 5MT. the guy I bought it from used the Fozzy to transport his Jet-ski's, and had them paint match it to his jet-skis, which ironically were painted WRB. So along with the Complete Forester I bought a wrecked one, for 750 bucks. the reason for buying the wrecked one was it was in a T-Bone accident, it had WRX wagon Coil-overs, Rota Grid Time-attacks, a JDM turbo Hood, and also had a full custom 2.75 inch Stainless Steel Exhaust with a Vibrant Black "turbo" Muffler. Not to mention it also a mildly built EJ25(fresh Cometic HG's, timing and essentials were done less than 5k miles before the accident, and it had a complete STi "stock" turbo set-up. So I plan on transferring everything I can that wasn't broken, including the WRX cross member, and traded the ECU to someone for an STi ecu that was re-flashed for open source, and he threw in a COBB AP for free.
One of the things I hopefully plan on bringing to the Scooby World from my Honda Days (and No I am not talking about rice) is wire tucks. When It comes to 12V I can make awesome things happen. I pulled the wiring harness from the wrecked Forester and plan on de-pinning it, cleaning up the connectors, and re-wrapping the whole harness in Black wire braid with Pink shrink wrap. I also plan on moving all essential electrical panels and Battery to the cargo area, and also when I have the engine out I plan on shaving and tucking the engine bay.
Sorry to write a novel for my introduction, but this is something I am passionate about, and when I write about my car life, the words just keep flowing.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,944 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Looking forward to watching your MODding progress. :cool: Make sure you start your Member Journal before you get too far into the MODding. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,897 Posts
Welcome!

I had to chuckle at your screen name. My best friend from childhood, with whom I've recently become reconnected, is named Kevin. But over the years he has become not slim.

·
Registered
1999 Forester GT
13 Posts
Wow dude sounds awesome, love to see pics of your progress, fantastic buy on the crash damaged one, I wish we had cheap cars like that here in New Zealand. I am going to be heavily changing my forester too, however I dont have evena 1/4 of the knowledge you do so will probably take me some time longer haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts