Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today is my one week anniversary with my 2010 Sage Green Metallic 2.5X MT. My kids (5 and 6) named her Green Bean. She is practically naked -- no upgrades YET! I know I need to have a sound system intervention first. The factory system sounds like a clock radio. So...what else? STI pedals? Shifter?

I was a little bit concerned about buying the "base" model, but I love me some manual transmission so it was the way to go. It's been 5 years since I've driven a stick but within a few hours I was zipping around like it had way more than 170 HP!

Here's a picture of the Green Bean on what my friend calls the "executive floor" of the parking garage, where the beautiful people park their cars. It's seldom more than half full and everyone seems to have an unspoken agreement not to park next to one another.

307 miles so far! She still smells kinda plastic-y and I'm still breaking her in but I'm totally smitten.

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more Green Bean

And here is a picture of coins on the floor -- my Greek husband threw it there to bring me luck and safety. It's a Greek tradition whenever one buys a new car. He said I don't have to leave it in there for very long but I'm afraid that if I take it out, my luck/safety will run out and I'll have an accident! I guess his superstitious nature is rubbing off on me...

Attachments

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,066 Posts
Very nice looking Forester! :cool:

It's always good to see another member claim their own piece of the forum! :smile:

Curious... is there a specific amount of change that needs to be "tossed in" for good luck? :confused:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2008 2.5x ll beaner
632 Posts
Welcome, putting coins in your plants at home is good luck also and supposed to bring funds into your account magically..I have a quarter in one plant and I did get a raise this year...
Keep it Real~

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
104 Posts
I always keep change on the floor/ under the floor mat but that's because I accidentally drop it down there and leave it because I figure I can use it in a pinch, I tend to stash small amounts of money all over my cars, didn't know I was giving myself good luck!

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wee bit of progress, and a question

So...day 8. My husband bought me nice black seat protectors for underneath the kids' booster seats (although, so far, no goldfish or juice in the car) to keep the seats pretty. I decided to spiff her up a bit while fitting the protectors, and the kids wanted to join me just to sit in her in the driveway! I balanced myself on the edge of the driver's side door threshold and wiped the bird poo off of the roof (I'm barely 5' 3" so it was a stretch). Sigh. I'm very very happy. And now that I have the seat protectors I don't mind it when my son climbs in with his dirty soccer cleats and puts his foot onto the seat to climb into his booster.

I'm going to order the tweeter kit and try to install it myself - it sounds pretty easy but the last time I said that I was up until 2 am Christmas Eve assembling a Barbie townhouse. Anyone have any thoughts? Can a history and philosphy major install these things?

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,242 Posts
Welcome, putting coins in your plants at home is good luck also and supposed to bring funds into your account magically..I have a quarter in one plant and I did get a raise this year...
Keep it Real~
Hope your investments grow?

Oh man, I'm a riot!

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,242 Posts
So...day 8. My husband bought me nice black seat protectors for underneath the kids' booster seats (although, so far, no goldfish or juice in the car) to keep the seats pretty. I decided to spiff her up a bit while fitting the protectors, and the kids wanted to join me just to sit in her in the driveway! I balanced myself on the edge of the driver's side door threshold and wiped the bird poo off of the roof (I'm barely 5' 3" so it was a stretch). Sigh. I'm very very happy. And now that I have the seat protectors I don't mind it when my son climbs in with his dirty soccer cleats and puts his foot onto the seat to climb into his booster.

I'm going to order the tweeter kit and try to install it myself - it sounds pretty easy but the last time I said that I was up until 2 am Christmas Eve assembling a Barbie townhouse. Anyone have any thoughts? Can a history and philosphy major install these things?
Any details on the seat protectors? We strapped a friends car seat into my car, and the leather is still dented *grrr*.

I believe the car is pre-wired for the tweeters and they come with directions, so even an English major could probably install them!

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
seat protectors

Any details on the seat protectors? We strapped a friends car seat into my car, and the leather is still dented *grrr*.

I believe the car is pre-wired for the tweeters and they come with directions, so even an English major could probably install them!
My husband ordered the seat protectors from One Step Ahead - parenting accessories galore. I've attached a picture (note that stuffed animals are not included).

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 2.5x special edition
49 Posts
Tweeter kit

Just put our tweeter kit in a couple of weeks ago. Its a little tricky snapping the speakers into the housing, but once you get past this its easy to get the old assembly out and the new ones in. The instructions call for removing the battery cable before anything else. I skipped this step. As long as you leave the key off there is no power to the speakers. Good luck. Sounds much better with the tweeter kit....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts