Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Impreza WRX Wagon
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got here in July 08 and I took my time looking for a GF8. I got it in Sept '08 its a '96 WRX Wagon here is how it looked when I got it

Shortly after getting the car I deployed. So, when I got back I went to work on it and this is what I have done so far. All my parts were super cheap, from UpGarage or free.

Engine
TD05H(TD04H is stock on GF8's)
FMIC
Blitz BOV(soon to be replaced with a Greddy Type S)
Apexi downpipe
Trust exhaust
Trust intake

Suspension
Cusco Zero2 coilovers
Cusco strut bars(front and rear)
Cusco H brace
Cusco rear member brace
Custom fender braces(Me and two friends made)

Body
STI RA Aluminum Hood
STI Upper wing
Kouki Head lights and tail lights
WRB Paint

Interior
Newer WRX front seats
Momo steering wheel
Blitz Boost gauge

Wheels
Enkei NT03 White
Rays(spare set) Gold

All of this was done in about 3 months after I got back and here it as it is now

And the only thing I miss about being in the states:

Minis

Well enjoy. Hopefully soon I will have this sold and be driving SR5 STI.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,702 Posts
Thanks! I think I fat fingered that one.
Haha, it happens.
And looking over your mod list from the GF8, it seems like most of the suspension stuff will swap over with the exception of the rear strut bar and the cowl braces. The exhaust will work as well but will be a little short and end under the rear bumper instead of just past it. The intake however, same deal with the turbo, the inlet goes under the manifold in the SF not over it like the EJ20G.

·
Registered
1996 Impreza WRX Wagon
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man I would love to have an older WRX like that!! Very nice job with it!!
Thanks!! Yeah I've been wanting a GF8 since I left Japan in 03.

On a side note: I found a 97 SF5 for 58,000 Yen which is about $600. It has a TH04 turbo, HKS Dragger exhuast, nice 17" rims and a really big sunroof my daughters love. The only down fall is that it is an automatic, but I have a GDB STI 6 speed at a friends house. As of right now I need sell the GF8 and get the SF5 shipped down from mainland.

·
Registered
1996 Impreza WRX Wagon
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I finally got some of the pictures from a little photo shot a friend took a week or so ago. Here they are:

The Twin's

Here's me trying to take good pics

And the Face Off

·
Registered
2000 SF/2007 Impreza
93 Posts
I would keep the GF8 after all you have done... I bet they are getting hard to find even in Japan by now, in good shape anywany. The SF5 could be your beater or something for that price.

But if your set on selling it... I have room for it lol.

·
Registered
96 Imp
1 Posts
That is the exact color i want to paint mine. What is the code? Is it the newer WRB? OR the 98-99 one? It looks alittle darker then the one we have here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts