Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 L
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up a 2002 forester L the other day. i want to get started modding it but am unfamiliar with the car. what are some basic things to do? lowering it is out of the question. ive been driving lowered cars all my life its nice to be able to get in and out of the car comfortably and not have to completely stop at speed bumps. and the only engine mod i interested in is cat back to get some sound out of it. i want to do exterior/ interior mods with it but keep it simple not really concerned with power as my WRX is going to be my fast car and this one more as a daily driver.

any opinions are appreciated. let me know some simple things for the car

i was thinking of painting the car WRB like my WRX. im trying to decide between painting the whole car or painting it two tone like it is now.

not really sure how much i want to spend on it yet. dont know if i want to spend money to do JDM front and rear bumpers and take the side panels off, then have it painted
or
just keep it the way it is and have it painted

post pics soon, i need 15 posts or more to post my photobucket pics

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum from KY.:Banane35:

I am unsure that te performance per dollar is worth it on a non turbo, even if its a cat back. Look for a STI CBE(oem). I think they fit that year but again, im not certain.

I would say leave the paint as is and drive it.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,824 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Looking forward to the pictures. You're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures (thumbnails) now. :wink:

As to exhaust, why not do this. :smile:

If you're going to be MODding, you might want to start your own Member Journal before you get too far along. :cool:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,497 Posts
Welcome to the board. Before you sink big bucks into any projects...The Head gaskets are guaranteed to leak on 2002 and earlier models. If it has not been done do an oil analysis and/or check around the HG area. But again..they are gonna leak at some point. Save up for it (ie don't spend up your entire pot on mods)

·
Registered
'10 Forester
19 Posts
Hey, welcome aboard! Look in all the different forum categories and you will find all kinds of stuff people have done to their cars.

Just got my Forester myself, and this forum has already led me to some good sources for discount parts/accessories......

Check out SubaruPartsGirl in the section for forum sponsors --
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f125/new-accessory-specials-64560/

·
Registered
2002 L
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here are some pics of my car, thanks for the welcome

and how i would like it to look someday, minus the hood scoop and the drop

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
MM just FYI, Angry Toaster is selling that lip RIGHT NOW. He's in socal but has cheap shipping options.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts