Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i 6MT Manual
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current Subaru is a 2001 outback 5MT wagon, that has 275k on it. Right now i am going to be selling it to a friend who needs a car. But the bigger news is that i am buying my first Forester. It is currently in transfer from one carmax to another and will be waiting for me on the 22nd of the month. It's a 2014 Red 2.5i Premium 6MT with 43k on the clock, one owner. I am getting the MaxCare program since the FB25 engine is known for issues and for 1700 bucks...worth it for the bumper to bumper care. Planned upgrades are maybe android auto, depending on how much i like the OEM head unit, fog lights, and that is about it really.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you bobby.

I did forget to post how much it cost, 19k without the 5 year maxcare that is about 1700 bucks for 100 buck deductable. Bumper To Bumper. I should get Doug Demuro's book for visits to the dealer for anything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the 2014 has oil-burn issues, i will be going to the dealer and get the test done, i'm going on a road trip to ohio from philly the day i buy it, so...other than the oil consumption issues are there any problems that i should inspect the car for, and probably get carmax to fix under maxcare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts