Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester S 5mt
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
scrolling through craigslist and came across an ad for Sti performance parts. drove into the boondocks to the sellers house and slowly realizing i was probably going to get axe murdered. ended up finding his house after almost killing a deer in the middle of the road. he comes outside and opens up his garage and i see a set of 5x100 17'' rays gram lights 57s wrapped in full tread dunlop direzza z1 star spec tires, 255 wide. also on the side, a full set of red kyb STi suspension off of an 04 with springs and top hats, and front and rear sway bars. he sold me everthing for 800 bucks. he also threw in an Sti tranny mount. im extremely excited to install everything, and from my understanding, everything will fit my 98.

i was reading a bit, and saw someone mention its a good idea to remove the stock body lift spacers that the forester came with stock. is this necessary?

will the sti tophats work or should i use my existing ones?

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
Sounds like you got a smokin' deal. Aren't the wheels alone worth quite a bit?

·
Registered
2009 2.5xt 6 Speed Swap version 8 6 speed sti trans with r180
4,150 Posts
Holy crap! what a deal. Can't wait for pictures.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 06 STI V9 Spec-C Six Speed
815 Posts
pics dude that is a killer deal gramlight 57s are money! and that suspension...you made a killing

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
You definitely got a smoking deal, but what was the guy's story?
Was there a wrecked Subaru somewhere?

Almost makes me think they could be hot... even through we already know 57S's are hot on their own.

Anyways, The wheels and suspension will bolt right on. Your SF uses a different spring size in the rear so your OE top hats would be useless. As for the transmission mount, easy install as long as its the 5MT version.
Don't bother removing the chassis spacers, they aren't vital to lowering the car. If you have to time and want to optimize your suspension geometry though, go ahead and remove them.

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
130 Posts
Good score. I'd be interested in what you took off the car. Looking for 5x100 wheels and tires soon for my 04.

Would really like a set of 17" WRX take-offs so if you get lucky again while cruising CL, don't hesitate to share a link w/ other Bay Area foz.org folks :)

·
Registered
1998 Forester S 5mt
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it all installed along with my JDM wing w/ LED taillight. Want like an inch lower but really stoked on functionality, this thing sticks to the road like crazy

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1998 Forester S 5mt
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh and the previous owner bought an STi with the rays on it already. and had put different wheels and suspension on it. When he sold it, he kept the stock suspension and his Rays. Sat in garage for a couple years and decided to post them, I happened to see it right after posting. He lived in the boonies and wanted to give someone a deal and just get rid of them. That's where I came in. Guy was a a Swedish legend, North American rep for Polestar. Volvo's race tuning company sort of. He knows guys at ohlins and all over. Races at Laguna seca. Super cool guy

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts