1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1998 SF5
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My CMPLSV sf5 obbession

Well here goes!!

Acquired the car approximately 2 years ago now from a friend - he was looking to upgrade - and so was I (my little Honda civic just didn't cut it anymore!!)

My mod list (now) looks like this:
body:
customized front lip (custom made by darkside customs)
stb side skirts and end caps
deep saturn black roof
04 sti scoop
custom forester F badge for the front grill
17" gold OZ rims
carbon style bonnet

engine:
vf24 turbo
gizzmo ibc boost controller (11psi)
greddy turbo timer
apexi power filter
sti top mount intercooler
aftermarket silicone piping
greddy bov
walbro 500hp fuel pump
engine bay has been slighty detailed

rolling stuff:
zero sport coilovers (fully certed)
aftermarket sway bar links
new rotors and brake pads

interior:
Black reclinable Bucket Seats
Cobolt boost guage

Ice:
jvc head unit
eaudio 400d amp
soundstream speakers front and rear
JVC Amp
Soundstream Sapphire Amp
2x 12" Soundstream Subs

other stuff:
iridium spark plugs
brand new upgraded leads

When i got it, it looked like this:
http://i2.bebo.com/049b/7/large/2009/06/07/05/1097710964a10980671665l.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v272/118/73/611512063/n611512063_1073322_262.jpg

Due to the recession i got made redundant and had to sell my beloved custom painted 20" wheels, for a while my car looked like this:

...and now the forester sits looking like this (not to badd'er downgrade if you ask me!!)

Have done afew cosmetic mods to the car lately - i dont have pics of the earlier stuff i did...

Carbonized my gauge cluster surrounds:

Removed the clock and mounted my boost controller in the space:

I have now changed my topmount to a black one, and am in the process of getting rid of all the red crap that the old owner put in the engine bay - converting all back to black, will try to get an updated pic when it stops raining!!

:woohoo:

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Nicely done, especially like the carbonized gauge cluster surround. I don't think I've seen that done here (I can always be wrong), but I think you've given some a great idea to implement.

Thanks for sharing, you can also add this to Blue Fox's, Journal Index page here http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/directory-member-journals-74697/ makes browsing through Member Journals so much easier. The update is not automatic for the index but a good place to be.

(You've been up for a long time)

·
Registered
1998 SF5
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its 8am over here... ive been to sleep and woken up already lol.

its raining here, so not planning on getting up any time soon.. well apart from making coffee lol!

:bacon:

... my carbon surround is one of 3 in NZ so far - all hand made by me.

·
Registered
1998 SF5
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a vinyl wrap over the original surround - altho i have done a small amount of actual carbon work...

its far easier to wrap - than try and get all the holes in the right places lol

·
Registered
1998 SF5
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahahaa... :crazy:

... its amazing how many people presume i am male when i post on forums... girls can own nice cars too ya know, i even get my hands dirty working on it occasionally!!

:icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
1998 SF5
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have no idea what that means lol... and im guessing i probably dont want to know :p

·
Registered
1998 SF5
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have a black bonnet now!! - got rid of the fake carbon :)

- pics to come when its not raining / dark outside :)

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Now I'm not usualy a fan of carbonz. But the instrument panel looks very nice. subtle, not easly noticed untill pointed out. good stuff from our antipodian cousins. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1998 SF5
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
awwww... hahaha i am still waiting for the "not bad for a chicks car..." which seems to be a standard response on most forums - im glad u guys see past that lol

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
awwww... hahaha i am still waiting for the "not bad for a chicks car..." which seems to be a standard response on most forums - im glad u guys see past that lol
Not bad... for a chick's car. :wink:

jk :lol:

Looking great. I sort of want to wrap my fake wood center console pieces with carbon sometime.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts