Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after much deliberation of whether or not I should get myself something for Christmas or not, I decided to take the plunge today and finally got me that one thing I've been eyeing for the past few months......

Glock 23, .40 caliber. It's not a full-size, it's more of a compact size for concealed carry (about an inch shorter barrel than the 22). The smaller size feels better in my hands (even though I have large hands). It's amazing, and I haven't even shot it yet (that's tomorrows task). I've been mooching off of my buddies' Springfield XDm and H&K for the past year at the range. But I finally have my own to master. Can't wait to get to the range tomorrow! Now, I can finally put my concealed carry license to use. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
894 Posts
That's beautiful. We handle all types of guns that come in through the warehouse at Bass Pro. I need to get on the ball and get my permits so I can get my shotgun/rifle and pistols...

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's beautiful. We handle all types of guns that come in through the warehouse at Bass Pro. I need to get on the ball and get my permits so I can get my shotgun/rifle and pistols...
Yeah, that's the one thing I like about NM......no registration or permits needed. You can walk in, fill out the paperwork, they do the background check, and you are on your way in 15 minutes.

The one thing I like as well is the "vehicle is an extension of your home" law. So you can have/keep a firearm in your vehicle anywhere in the state as it's recognized as an extension of your home. Though, anytime me or my friends get pulled over by police, we always make it a point to say "For your safety and ours, there are firearms in this vehicle." Usually the officers reply "as long as you don't reach for it, there won't be a problem." :biggrin:

A shooting buddy of mine (and firefighter) has a semi-automatic Sig shotgun with a 10-round clip (looks like an AK). That gun is a BLAST (pun intended) to go clay shooting with.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,846 Posts
Very nice! I've been looking for a smaller, easier to conceal handgun. I'm kinda partial to a 9mm for the cost of ammo & reduced recoil. :smile:

BTW, I'm also licensed to carry concealed. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice! Brand new I take it? Are they part plastic, I'm not that knowledgeable!
Yep, mostly all modern handguns of this design are a plastic-polymer with the exception of the slide, barrel and a few other bits. Below is the "olive drab" version, the entire green part is the polymer, the black slide on the top is metal. The firearm is extremely lightweight, even when fully loaded. I was amazed.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts

Here is mine & yes I know its big but man you have to see the holes it makes!

Smith & wesson 500.

joe r

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ NICE.

Everytime I see a Smith & Wesson gun, I can't help but smile. My next door neighbors dogs.......two male Collies......are named Smith and Wesson. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,949 Posts
Sweet, now you can protect you and your fozzie if someone tries to mess with you! I'd like to carry a gun someday too. I figure it'd be fun to play with and good protection (provided you know how to properly use it)!

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figure it'd be fun to play with and good protection (provided you know how to properly use it)!
If by play, you mean to shoot at a range.....then yes, they're very fun. :biggrin: Good stress relief at the range too. I have a feeling the next few months are going to be very expensive (ammo wise) for me. :icon_frown:

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
Also you you ever test one please start low with the 350grain! learn from my mistake. 450grain first time is stupid & dumb!!!

joe r

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,846 Posts
DO NOT PLAY THIS VIDEO AROUND LITLE ONES WITH VOLUME ON! But this is 700 grain!

joe r
That was great! :cool: If he didn't "flinch" before that shot, he will for the next one! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Oilfield Trash
2009 X AT
680 Posts
Not a gun but an X-mas present from Unclviny to Unclviny

Motorcycle Jacket | Scooter Jacket (it's the Barbour International, it's about halfway down this page).

As most of you know I'm an antique motorcycle-guy, you MUST have period-correct clothing on while riding your Vintage bike (yes, I'm "one of those").
I have been drooling/dreaming/looking at these for a while now but the crazy-high price kept me from buying (after all, it's a cotton jacket).
Jacket, liner, 1 bottle of rewaxer stuff and shipping was just under $500.00!

Unclviny

1 - 20 of 21 Posts