Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Subie Fan
2004 Forester XT 6spd MT (2005 STI)
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the reason why I got rid of my 07 Subaru STi:

I have always wanted a Challenger, ever since I was a little kid. Then Dodge did something really smart, they made a retro-muscle car with a 6.1L and 6-spd Manual transmission. I had to have it. Then the customization began.

Do I miss my STi, yes I do! Will I some day get another STi, more than likely yes! But I did miss my Subie so much (and driving the wife's Tribeca just isnt the same) I decided to get another Subie as my daily driver.

If you would like to check out my garage, hit up the link in my signature.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
Sweet ride! Any engine work? A buddy of mine has one (stock orange one) and it is a tad slower than my modded XT. I think with some engine work he would blow me away though. 6.1L is a lot of motor to work with!

·
Super Subie Fan
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet ride! Any engine work? A buddy of mine has one (stock orange one) and it is a tad slower than my modded XT. I think with some engine work he would blow me away though. 6.1L is a lot of motor to work with!
Power wise I have 398whp, and I have only basic bolt ons. I had it tuned with the Diablosport programmer and have a header back exhaust system, and a short ram intake by AFE. Also added an oil catch can by BT because these cars, like our turbos, suffer from the dreaded oil in the intake manifold.

My biggest problem was getting traction in my first three gears with the stock wheels, these after wheels are 1.5 inch wider so traction is available in my third gear, first two still let loose though.

Looks good, my buddy has an '07 Charger R/T... in fact I'm friends with a whole pile of guys with high-HP LX's :lol:
I assume you're on LXForums also?
I swore to myself I would never buy another American car again after my Mustang, but once I really looked at the Dodge's (SRTs), I was really impressed. There are some [email protected] LX's here in Hampton Roads. One of my friends has a 426ci twin turbo with 800whp and a couple others have supercharger setups pushing 600whp. I am also on the LX forum and Challengertalk.

To be honest I like the stock form look better...but it it whatever you like/want that counts. I really liked your all black '07 STi.
If I had any other color than silver (was one of the first 6-spds in Virginia still on the lot) I would have left the paint alone. But to me, silver is a color that needs enhancement, otherwise you fit in with over 50% of the other cars on the street! I REALLY do miss my Blacked out STi.

Thanks for the comments, I don't know where I am going to go next with the Challenger. Right now it is perfect for me, does well at car shows, and is a blast to drive on the weekends. I am looking right now at getting my FXT built up, but I am not all the familiar with what will work and what wont.

For the FXT I just purchased the Forester specific Swift Sport Springs, Cobb APv2, TurboXS TBE, Subaru Rear Spoiler, and I have a guy that still hasn't gotten back to me on the purchase by paypal for the 05 STi turbo, TMIC, and sway bars. That is starting to make me worry about him...

·
Super Subie Fan
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RWD V8 and a Forester XT?
I like it!
Thanks! I see you have the G8. How do you like it? I thought about looking at them, but like the Charger SRT8, I like the way they look but I wasn't going to trade my STI in on another Sedan, only a Coupe.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
I swore to myself I would never buy another American car again after my Mustang, but once I really looked at the Dodge's (SRTs), I was really impressed. There are some [email protected] LX's here in Hampton Roads. One of my friends has a 426ci twin turbo with 800whp and a couple others have supercharger setups pushing 600whp. I am also on the LX forum and Challengertalk.
Yeah, the guys I hang out with from LXForums have got a couple footballs under their belts as far as acheivements. None of them are forced induction though... just crazy engine builds, or giggle juiced.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring CVT
1,410 Posts
Thanks! I see you have the G8. How do you like it? I thought about looking at them, but like the Charger SRT8, I like the way they look but I wasn't going to trade my STI in on another Sedan, only a Coupe.
I love the G8. Only wish it was available with a manual like your SRT.

I like any of the newer RWD V8 cars. I traded a GTP coupe on the G8. I have a 4 year old, so I wanted something with 4 doors. I thought about an STI, but the G8 was too good of a deal to pass up. A used 2008+ STI would have cost $4k more at the time.

Similar to your car, there are many mods available for the G8. I have Pypes Violators (aka wife repellent) on the car now. Getting a Rotofab CAI and a engine/trans tune next month. It doesn't help having a father with (2) G8s. He is constantly trying to 'motivating me' into upgrades. :icon_biggrin: Then there is my wife. :shrug:

·
Registered
05 WRX STI
208 Posts
Luv those Challengers especially in blue or purple. Don't get the whole 4 door Charger cop car thing . I can't see the Duke boys in that 4 door with kids in the back . Yuck.
I drove an R/T and while nice I noticed something was missing then I saw the 3 minute Ireport on CNN and the sound of the SRT was what is missing from the R/T .

·
Super Subie Fan
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love the G8. Only wish it was available with a manual like your SRT.
I would have never gotten the Challenger if it didn't have a manual. Took an auto out and didn't really enjoy driving it. The manual makes it fun IMO!

I like any of the newer RWD V8 cars. I traded a GTP coupe on the G8. I have a 4 year old, so I wanted something with 4 doors. I thought about an STI, but the G8 was too good of a deal to pass up. A used 2008+ STI would have cost $4k more at the time.
Yeah, I understand that, got a pretty good deal on the STI I traded in.

Similar to your car, there are many mods available for the G8. I have Pypes Violators (aka wife repellent) on the car now. Getting a Rotofab CAI and a engine/trans tune next month. It doesn't help having a father with (2) G8s. He is constantly trying to 'motivating me' into upgrades. :icon_biggrin: Then there is my wife. :shrug:
Wife Repellent...:lol: Have you looked into the Diablosport Predator? I don't know if they have one available for the G8 yet, but I know the guys with the Chargers and 300C SRT8s use them to change their shifting points on the autos, plus it is like the Cobb Accessport (but much bigger!).

·
Super Subie Fan
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice a riced out Challenger... :woohoo:

I like the body style, but the paint job not so much. it looked better stock.. IMO
Actually I thought that the fake carbon fiber stripes on the hood were rice. but I also did the paint job up on photoshop and went for the old school look with a little modern flare. Plus, I hate having a stock looking vehicle, but thanks for the feedback.

Most negative comments I get are on the rims. But I like to be different, but not obnoxious!

Since I changed the car, I went from not even placing at car shows (original car) to placing at every car show I've been in since I customized it.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
Actually I thought that the fake carbon fiber stripes on the hood were rice. but I also did the paint job up on photoshop and went for the old school look with a little modern flare. Plus, I hate having a stock looking vehicle, but thanks for the feedback.

Most negative comments I get are on the rims. But I like to be different, but not obnoxious!

Since I changed the car, I went from not even placing at car shows (original car) to placing at every car show I've been in since I customized it.
Well, I've got to say, I really like the paint job. Wheels? They're okay, but they just don't do it for me. I like a little more contrast between the wheel and the car (not talking 23" spinners, but something oldschool?).

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the job run you? PM if you want.

I'd have a time with any of these muscle car remakes. :biggrin:

·
Super Subie Fan
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, that car got messed up...u think insurance will pay to get it fixed?:biggrin:
Yep! You have to check with an insurance company first, but my policy has it as long as it is documented and show proof of any alterations. Same thing as those people who have insurance on their $500K Hot Rods.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts