Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this have been covered before but that old forum is bye bye.
Recently it has been raining tons here in Rainville.
My ABS has been acting up and going crazy everyday...ill admit i drive pretty spirited in the rain every once in a while but still..

Im thinking about going to the dealership to have them fix this known trait of the subarus.

It just takes an imperfection in the road(sewage cap etc) while im slowing down, then my brakes feel like they arnt there anymore. The ABS goes into a tantrum and i have to floor the brake. It does this when im granny driving as well...

Also even in the dry...if im coming off a freeway offramp for example, and im slowing down for a stoplight, the ABS clicks the whole time as my foot is on the brake.

Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Administrator
14,766 Posts
jbleee said:
Im thinking about going to the dealership to have them fix this known trait of the subarus.
Best of luck! :roll:

It is a problem and only changing driving habits or removing the fuse will fix the problem (but I wouldn't advocate that for on-road driving).

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn...
Sounds like this is something the dealership will have trouble fixing etc. Maybe ill shoot for a Lemon

Which brake upgrade would fix this?

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
jbleee said:
Damn...
Sounds like this is something the dealership will have trouble fixing etc. Maybe ill shoot for a Lemon

Which brake upgrade would fix this?
I'll have to say I agree with Kevin.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I've had a switch on my abs since the day I got my suby. To many scares in winter when you go to stop and the brakes work against you.

Blnd...

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I would say better tires would help. As for the ABS. They scared the crap out of me once. The guy in front of my slammed on the brakes because of traffic but he slammed them way early. I wasn't ready so I ended up slamming mine also. But I hit a bump and my brakes disappeared! Lost all braking for a split second I thought I was going to rear end the guy in front of me.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I have a 2001 rs but It should be similar. I just tapped the fuse at the bottom left of the dash and wired up a switch directly into the two sockets with a fuse inline on the wires.

There were 2 abs fuses. One on it's own but to reset the abs with that I had to restart the car, so that was a no go. The other was a abs and cruise fuse, and that one works on and off without a restart. I think peaty has a write up somewhere.

Bland...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts