Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am driving a 01 Forester, with 138K on it. Bought it used from a a dealer with 30k, 4 years ago. Been to Canada more times than I can remember, the UP, constant trips to Northern MN, southern MN, and as far south as Texas. It's a great little car. I love to camp, fish, kayak and mtn bike so I have the Yakima racks to haul all the gear with me. My goal is 300k miles. Almost halfway there! I have those hated dual taillights, my only complaint. The ones on the outside and the pair on the gate itself. Annoying design. And the reoccurring rattle of the bottom plate/shield, that rattles and hums at certain RPMs. Seems it needs to be rigged back up every 1000miles.

My first Soob was a 97 Turbo Wagon L. I **LOVED** that car. 5spd manual, turbo, all the options. I was a poor single mom in school and remember saying all the time, "just get me through school, little car, just let me finish school." And on my very last day, I was t-boned by a jerk who totaled my beloved little wagon. (be careful what you ask for?) After the accident I ended up buying the first car I saw, which I drove into the ground, a Chev Corsica. I refer to that time as "the dark years". LOL The minute that POS died I went shopping and barely glanced at anything before I got to Morries Subaru in Minnetonka, MN and bought my current car.

What do I love the most? The AWD. I have tried (who hasn't) to get this thing stuck. Tried snow, mud and water. She (I think it's a she) is like a little bulldog. Never been stuck. Watched my brother struggle with a 4WD Ford F150 in the same muddy fields as I have, but I cruise right through. And this past winter, where we had epic snowfall? It was made just for me and my little car to show off. :)

I'm not a mechanic, don't do anything beyond maintenance, no mods. I guess that makes me a proud owner but not a very involved owner? Anyway, happy to be here!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,535 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Thanks for the introductions. :cool: Post up a picture so we can look over your your Forester. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,737 Posts
Welcome back to Subaru. My dad still drives his 1988 GL-10 turbo wagon that he bought new when he retired from the railroad. It still runs good, but the body is rusting pretty badly(150,000kms).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts