Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the post OP - definitely helpful especially with the lights upgrade.

"Sounds" awesome ('scuse the pun). Do you mind posting or PM-ing pictures and details of your sub install?

I agree with @sparky94 - the Canadian Subaru dealer price for the RF upgrade kit is expensive.

I also believe the Canadian Sport trim version got standard base speakers as opposed to the US Sport trim Harmon Kardon sound.

Missing my '03 Maxima Bose system :(

(Also, apologies if this is considered a thread "hijack")
Not sure how to get hi res linked here so.. install as goes. Ended up with infinity tweeters in the front and Rockford coax 6.75 in rear with some felt tape over the tweeters to keep them right for front staging with out losing mid bass/range hit from them if I were to fade. Came out great imo.

Screenshot_20190831-165448_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190831-165439_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Not sure how to get hi res linked here so.. install as goes. Ended up with infinity tweeters in the front and Rockford coax 6.75 in rear with some felt tape over the tweeters to keep them right for front staging with out losing mid bass/range hit from them if I were to fade. Came out great imo.

View attachment 523154
View attachment 523155
Looks killer man! I'm gonna have to decide on something to do with the speakers soon. I'm not into spending thousands on a sound system, but I do need something better

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks killer man! I'm gonna have to decide on something to do with the speakers soon. I'm not into spending thousands on a sound system, but I do need something better
I would think most end users would be more than happy just doing the Rockford update. You can order online fir the 360 price. Maybe upgrade the tweeters but honestly not really necessary if you are starting with the 6 spkr non hk setup.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I would think most end users would be more than happy just doing the Rockford update. You can order online fir the 360 price. Maybe upgrade the tweeters but honestly not really necessary if you are starting with the 6 spkr non hk setup.
That's $360 in the US? It's $700-ish online from Subaru in Canada

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
7 Participants
stumblinh
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing