Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am SO disappointed in my 2014 Forester Limited!

1. it doesn't burn oil like all of the other 2014s (i read that ALL 2014s burn oil.) i guess i should have driven like a grandma and followed the break-in recommendation.

2. the CVT is flawless and the smoothest transmission i've ever driven (i read that ALL of the CVTs will fail because subaru doesn't know what they are doing.)

3. my HU seems to work perfectly via BT with my phone and sounds great (i read that the stereo is horrible, but as a musician, i seem to know a thing or two about tuning a sound system and understand what BASS, MID and TRE do.)

4. my brakes work as designed since i bedded the pads.

5. my all-season tires don't stick like glue. what's up with that?

if you're still reading and don't get that this is a joke, it's a joke. if you're a potential buyer sitting on the fence and think that the 2014 is a ticking time bomb, don't believe everything you read. take everything into consideration and understand that YES, a few vehicles produced in an assembly-line fashion such as this WILL not meet tolerances and may cause you a bit of stress should something go wrong, but that's EVERY manufacturer. that's what a warranty is for. don't let it sway you if you've driven the 2014 and it you feel like it's the right new vehicle for you.

understand as well that some of the naysayers don't even have a 2014, have never driven one, own some 10 year-old, clapped-out POS and are perhaps a bit envious of the new offerings from subaru. i've had five of these cars now beginning with an '04 STI and i LOVE, i said LOVE my 2014 Forester. my '12 STI is collecting DUST in the garage.

·
Premium Member
2014 XT Premium CVT
191 Posts
Hahaha, nice post! Sometimes I wonder if my seemingly flawless Forester was either built by a master ninja tech or if I am just blind to all these issues, real or perceived, that are posted in these boards.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
373 Posts
Ouch, you have my sympathies for the pathetic car you bought

:woohoo:

·
Registered
2014 Forester Ltd. CVT
1,779 Posts
Personally I'm really disappointed in the fuel economy. I got this vehicle because I had heard that the AWD would give me an mpg hit (and who wouldn't want a piece of that!), y'know an average in the upper teens and low 20s. Instead I'm consistently getting low to mid 30s on the highway, and mid 20s on any town drive of any distance.:wink:

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally I'm really disappointed in the fuel economy. I got this vehicle because I had heard that the AWD would give me an mpg hit (and who wouldn't want a piece of that!), y'know an average in the upper teens and low 20s. Instead I'm consistently getting low to mid 30s on the highway, and mid 20s on any town drive of any distance.:wink:
i am so mad about that! :icon_cry: i expected my forester to get something close to the 15 mpg i see in the STI, but NO, i'm seeing ~25 mpg in all in-town, short commutes. that's downright criminal.

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,667 Posts
It is a poor choice indeed.

Should have gotten RRSport. Forester got no respect from Mob Bikers:mob:: but look what happened if you drive RR Sport. They make them so jealous that they feel the need to brake check you :mob:.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
18 Posts
Me too, I'm so bummed out I can't stop smiling. I drove 320 miles this weekend mostly on two-lane highways (including going both directions over 3 major Colorado mountain passes) and when I filled up after the trip I had gotten 31.6 mpg!

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
72 Posts
i ordered a dark gray forester xt. this will be the 3rd subie in my life. i always so proud of myself that i walked into a subaru dealer at the first time!

·
Registered
2013 Forester Limited auto
41 Posts
I, like the others on this post, am very, very upset. I mean, I love shopping for cars and for the first time in my life, I have no desire to go car shopping. I can't find anything wrong with my Forester. I'm so damn happy with my purchase. Life sucks.:icon_cry:

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
18 Posts
Yeah I'm with all you folks. You know, the more I think about it, the madder I get. Forget the 31 MPG last weekend. I mean, with the XT I have a quiet, comfortable, and practical ride that's safe, really fun to drive, and has power to spare. Dang it!

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0 XT CVT
13 Posts
hahahhahahaha droideka good post

me too same feeling as you. And me too as musician know to find the best sound.

Happy very happy so far (3 months, 10700km)
cheers form Spain

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
Glad to hear some good reports for a change. :woohoo:
I bought one of the first SH model XT's in Georgia and kept hearing about the "stop sale" they had on the turbo models, etc. I'm at 82000 miles and 5.5 years and still love Scooby.
BTW- Welcome to all you new(er) owners from Arcade, Georgia, USA! :woohoo:

·
Registered
1999 Forester S 5-Speed Manual
217 Posts
Glad to hear some good reports for a change. :woohoo:
I bought one of the first SH model XT's in Georgia and kept hearing about the "stop sale" they had on the turbo models, etc. I'm at 82000 miles and 5.5 years and still love Scooby.
BTW- Welcome to all you new(er) owners from Arcade, Georgia, USA! :woohoo:
Hey! "Scooby" is my '99 SF's nickname too!

I'm still waiting to find a Forester Premium with 6-speed Manual to test drive around here (I don't do automatics - got enough of them in the newer straight trucks I drive and frankly, they make me feel monotonous and lazy). From what I've read, I'll enjoy it more than the current Forester I own.

Everyone complains about the seats, but I find them supportive and comfortable once you play with the position a little and find a "sweet spot".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts