Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Thought I would share a problem that is driving me nuts this morning. A couple of days ago I took my car to a local car wash and noticed immediately after that my main remote key fob would unlock the doors, but not lock the doors. I figured that the battery had finally run out of juice, so purchased two new batteries and replaced both the main and the backup fob. This did not change my ability to lock the car (both fobs would still unlock the car). After a day of puzzling this one over, I completely lost the ability to unlock or lock the car remotely. Now, I lock the car using the door lock button, but when I use the key to unlock the driver's door, the alarm goes off and only shuts up when I place the key in the ignition and turn it on and off three times. I feel like I am stealing my car every time I want to drive it! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
2008 Forester X Auto
187 Posts
This doesn't address why the key-less entry doesn't work right, but you can disable your alarm in the meantime so it won't alarm each time you unlock with the key. The procedure is in the owner's manual:

To change the setting of your vehicle’s
alarm system for activation or deactivation,
do the following.

1. Disarm the alarm system (see “Disarming
the system” in this section).

2. Sit in the driver’s seat and shut all
doors and the rear gate.

3. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON”
position.

4. Hold down the UNLOCK side of the
driver’s power door locking switch, open
the driver’s door within the following 1
second, and wait 10 seconds without
releasing the switch. The setting will then
be changed as follows:

If the system was previously activated:
The horn sounds twice, indicating that the
system is now deactivated.

If the system was previously deactivated:
The horn sounds once, indicating that the
system is now activated.

Like the previous poster mentioned, I would take it to the dealer to find out what's really wrong.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.