Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,712 Posts

·
Registered
2005 2.5XT 4EAT SportShift
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm with you! I wish my '07 FSXT came that way! I prefer the contrasting look. Looks better than the color keyed look... IMO. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal
Cheers Bobby - I'm just checking through your modding journal - really enjoying what you've done - although I think it will end up costing me money! :biggrin:
Inspirational stuff indeed!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,712 Posts
Cheers Bobby - I'm just checking through your modding journal - really enjoying what you've done - although I think it will end up costing me money! :biggrin:
Inspirational stuff indeed!
Thanks for taking the time to look over my Journal! There are lots of MODs that can be done for little cost. I have more write ups to add, but there always seems to be other things that take up my time. :icon_eek:

The Forester is my retirement toy. I'm not into hunting or fishing, so the '07 FSXT gives me something to keep me active during the nice weather when I'm not playing with computers, weather monitoring & my audio/video equipment. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Had the gauge installation finished a few weeks back at Extreme Scoobies in Boreham, Essex.

Paul is a great bloke, really knows his stuff - http://www.extremescoobies.co.uk/ - can recommend for servicing and modification work.

Really pleased with the results - the green LEDs from 42 Draft Designs were a pretty good match for the stock dash lights...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Haven't added to my journal for a while so thought a quick update was needed.

Have swapped the oil pressure gauge and sender for new units that read up to 150 psi.

The original gauge only went up to 80 psi and as a result used to spend most of its time maxed out at the end of the scale while on the move and I really wanted to be aware of increases in pressure as well as drops.

Also this week I have been playing around with the Torque application for Android mobiles - seems to be able to give you lots of useful information!

Have purchased a sturdy mount for my HTC, and am now just waiting for the OBDII bluetooth unit to arrive...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
time for a new battery

Over the last few weeks my Forester has been sounding a short noise from the alarm on starting - usually when the temperature is low - early morning cold starts and late at night.

After a bit of a Google this seems to be down to the battery starting to fade.

I found the choice of replacement a little bewildering, but the units from Bosch seemed to be a popular choice for Imprezas so I opted for one of these.

Changed it over this morning with no dramas - and also had the added bonus that the stereo, which had been refusing to play CDs for the last few months, reset itself, and now works perfectly again! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.5X Manual
659 Posts
was the sti battery bar stock? it looks really nice! Love the look of those gauges, that green really goes nicely with the rest of the lights.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts