Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5XT 5MT
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would post a piccie of my new 17 inch wrx wheels bought off Ebay - Might be of use to people considering a similar mod .I am quite pleased with look - similar at a distance to the FSTI multispokes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,485 Posts
Looks good but isn't the offset on them 55 and Forester offset is 48?
If so you would have reduced the track.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Looking good. They will have a 55mm offset so the outside edges will be 1.4cm closer together... If you're fussed, you can always use spacers.

Just upgraded to 17s myself - went for 215/55s to keep the radius the same so the speedo kept the same reading.

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5XT 5MT
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All
Many thanks for the comments. However is the change in offset a big issue as the hanlding seems a lot better with the lower profile rubber on wider rims. From our US cousins various posting on the subject of fitting Impreza wheels, I was under the impression the real drawback was if you wanted to go for slightly wider tyres (225) as they may scrub the rear struts. I also went for 215 55 17 to keep the rolling diameter and there is about 3mm gap between tyre and strut.
Any advice re the need for 5mm spacers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
IMO, it's not a big issue so long as the tyres don't rub... I doubt you'd even be able to tell that the track is any narrower.

Rest easy and enjoy the improved looks and better handling from the lower profile tyres.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 2.0
4 Posts
Info for a newbie please

I do like the look of these wheels.

I've a 2005 XT with 16" 8 spoke alloys, I've damaged one of the four, Subaru want £350 for one alloy so I am looking to upgrade to 17's.

Exactly what car did your new alloys come off and would they fit my 2005 Forester?

Thanks

·
Registered
2008 BMW 130i Manual
194 Posts
I have been advised by other posters on here that on a standard Foz XT (05-08 model)48 offset 17" rim that you can get away with 225/55/17 tyres, specifically Falken 912's have been mentioned as having no issues rubbing.

I'm about to change to these myself so will see how i get on!

Its worth noting that apparently differnet makes of tyre can be different sizes. Ie, one brand of 225/55/17 might be wider than another.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
I do like the look of these wheels.

I've a 2005 XT with 16" 8 spoke alloys, I've damaged one of the four, Subaru want £350 for one alloy so I am looking to upgrade to 17's.

Exactly what car did your new alloys come off and would they fit my 2005 Forester?

Thanks
Should do.

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5XT 5MT
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wheels are off the hatchback WRX Impreza and come up on Ebay regularly at around £200 a set new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts