Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My mostly stock forester. Just finished painted the front bumper (not wet sanded, buffed of waxed yet). Blacked out the stock grill. Took off the roof rack (keeping it for my kayak) Also finished the rims paint a few days ago as well. I repainted the rear bumper as well. Tell me what you think.

Can't tell I backed it into a pole. I think I did a good job fixing that.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was really hoping for a reply.... Got alot of hours into this car in paint projects. I completely repaint both the front and rear bumper (front looks darker cause its not buffed out and is still a bit rough). Lots of work in the rims and grill. Took off the roof rack.

Please give me something!

BTW here is a better pic of my exhaust before bumper was painted. Note the damage and lots of touch up paint to cover.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5 MT
117 Posts
Im no painter but Id say you did a really good job, cant really tell you abcked into a pole. th erims are nice, i want to paint my steelies as well but i think im going flat black or a matte finish. Nice work man, nothing like the feeling you get from knowing you fixed it yourself. :)

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Looks good. At first I thought the car was an XS model with the two tone lower cladding (Canadians still got the two-tone XS model in 07-08 & our X's still got the black lower cladding). If you say it hasn't been buffed out yet and will match the rear that you have done, then bravo for a job well done.

The wheels also look great, the polished edge make it look like those expensive two piece rims from a distance. By the way what make are the mudflaps?

I'm leaning towards an install a pair of these Black, Ultra Compact Air Horns - Griot's Garage maybe even the truck horns, scroll down on that page to listen to the horns.
Now add this puppy to Blue Fox's http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/directory-member-journals-74697/

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good. At first I thought the car was an XS model with the two tone lower cladding (Canadians still got the two-tone XS model in 07-08 & our X's still got the black lower cladding). If you say it hasn't been buffed out yet and will match the rear that you have done, then bravo for a job well done.

The wheels also look great, the polished edge make it look like those expensive two piece rims from a distance. By the way what make are the mudflaps?

I'm leaning towards an install a pair of these Black, Ultra Compact Air Horns - Griot's Garage maybe even the truck horns, listen to the sound Compact Truck Horn

Now add this puppy to Blue Fox's http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/directory-member-journals-74697/
Autozone "truck mudflaps those are. $13 a pair.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so a while back I had a FlowMaster installed after my factory resonator split apart. Had a hack weld in some resonators to tone it down. Well the hacks job failed and leaked badly only after a month. Had my friend (the one who originally installed the FlowMaster muffler) redo the whole system. Nice mellow deep tone, very happy with it. No drone on highway as you can't really hear it once up to speed, but you hear it during acceleration in city driving. This is a FlowMaster 40 series. Here are the finished results!

Picture of my tip

There is 2 pieces welding in here because the joint shifted during welding and cause the system not to fit idealy. So it was recut and another piece welded in. The fitment in absolutely perfect now.

Instead of using reducer my friend did a nice puddle weld.

older pic installed on the car before resonator were installed.

BTW yes im a messy worker. I have a bad habbit of throwing stuff every witch way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts