Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 XT 4EAT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my XT on July 9th 2013 from Chaplin's Subaru in Bellevue, Wa. I have been around the forums searching and figuring out what I want to do to my XT. I sadly don't have the money that some of you do to put into this car but do want to do some mods..

Here she is the day I bought her. 54,000 was all the grandma put on it in 7 years!

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 XT 4EAT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since the car was from Seattle area the undercoating was coming off so I power washed and scraped the wheel wells clean and re-applied undercoating. While I had the wheels off I decided to try my hand at plastidip. For my first time it went pretty well. I think I will add more or redo them after winter though.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 XT 4EAT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Over the weekend I was able to mod and mount the Curt hitch. I purchased this hitch instead of the oem one because of the price. The difference seems to only be the tie downs that the oem one comes with.

So what did I do? Made my own, welded them up with some coats of pain and VUALA!!!

Love how the hitch looks, or the lack of visibility! The tie down hooks turned out great and just stick down enough that I can even yank someone out of a snow bank this winter!

Attachments

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 06 STI V9 Spec-C Six Speed
815 Posts
Car looks good making me kinda want a spoiler :)

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
159 Posts
Nice!! Bought mine from chaplains also. They give ya a good deal? They were really good to work with for me.

·
Registered
2006 XT 4EAT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, they were Great! I had some issues and they cleared everything up and made it right. Did a big write up on them. Guys really came through for me.

Oh and Thanks for the compliments!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts