Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT V7 STI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have yet to really post any pictures or info about my car on here. I usually post stuff on facebook or IG @zach_4strsti. I figured it was time to make a little "journal" of the work that I did to my car.

My car started its life as a stock auto XT premium

One picture in its stock form is more than enough. Needles to say this look is totally unacceptable lol

So began the major overhaul.

I ordered the complete 6 speed swap from a JDM importer. I bought the V7 STI transmission but I also upgraded to 5x114 hubs. The only thing I sort of regret doing is not getting the FSTI transmission for better highway driving but it is what it is.

I didn't take any pics of the actual install but it was definitely a lot of work. I swapped the subframes to the STI ones. I also installed a 2005 STI steering rack while I was in there.

During this process I decided to upgrade to a STI turbo (VF48) and STI TMIC. Doing this resulted in also installing a catless up-pipe and Turbo XS TBE. That lead to me installing an upgraded fuel pump and an EBCS.

I also bought some Fortune Auto coilovers and bought perhaps my favorite wheels - Rays Gramlights in Gold, which look great on a Java Black Subie

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT V7 STI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I will have some additional pics hopefully in the next few days. I sent out my Brembos to be rebuilt and powder coated. I also installed some HID headlights and removed the cross bars on the roof.

I also have a for sale post for this car and if it doesn't sell for my asking price I will be installing all the JDM pieces that I have for it.
Crosssport front end with crossfire lip
Bugeye STI hoodscoop
JDM side skirts with spats
Rear bumper spats
Rear Syms replica wing
Freedom Mount carbon fiber eyelids
Facelift smooth door panels

I am also currently installing facelift JDM powder folding mirrors

Here is a night pic of the HID headlights from Kaizen lighting

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT V7 STI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here’s a peak at the caliper color. It’s not finished yet though.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT V7 STI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I couldn’t find your for sale post here. Is it not on the forum?
Here’s a link to it

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT V7 STI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just picked up the calipers, came out a little darker than I thought. Should still look good though.

·
Registered
2005 2.5XT 4EAT
297 Posts
Here’s a link to it

For some reason I couldn’t find it before. Nice build. Is there a reason you’re selling after putting all of this work and effort into it?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT V7 STI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For some reason I couldn’t find it before. Nice build. Is there a reason you’re selling after putting all of this work and effort into it?
I have my eyes on another car that I have wanted for a long time. It’s a really good deal which is the only reason I’d sell this, in order to be able to buy the other car.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT V7 STI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just installed the calipers. Waiting on a guide pin because I lost one 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT V7 STI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also does anyone know the difference between the Forester STI EJ255 engine and the the USDM EJ255 in the 04/05 FXT? I mean the actual engine not turbo, TMIC etc.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT V7 STI
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here’s a couple more pics I took the other day. It’s been a struggle on deciding if I want to keep or sell this thing. I love the car, but I just know if I keep it I’m going to end up dumping so much more money into it lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts