Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza, 2003 Bugeye Sport, 2010 Base, 2014 Base, 2015 Premium, 2017 Limited, 2020 Touring
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding about the murder.

But in reality, I woke up this morning to two destroyed steel rims, one bulging sidewall flat tire, one missing wheelcover and one broken wheelcover still attached. All on the right side of my wife's immaculate 2010 Foz. Did I mention the tires only have about 200 miles on them?

Can it get any worse? Oh yes, she did not know she did it sometime last evening.

So now the car in at the tire shop, luckily(?) I live only three blocks away. Awaiting to hear the news of cost. I say probably 2 rims, one tire, maybe 2 tires, labor and alignment will be in the area of 800 smackers. Not to mention obtaining a couple of used wheel covers online. Which is pretty near what we paid just a month or so ago for all the tires, alignment, oil & filter change, new wiper blades, and a state inspection.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,919 Posts
Was she drinking? :icon_razz:
I think if my wife did that (without realizing it) she would voluntary hand me a paddle..allow me to beat her and hand over her license to me. I am really almost not kidding. :icon_wink: (and of course I would never beat her..never have. :icon_wink:)

·
Registered
2000 Impreza, 2003 Bugeye Sport, 2010 Base, 2014 Base, 2015 Premium, 2017 Limited, 2020 Touring
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was she drinking? :icon_razz:
I think if my wife did that (without realizing it) she would voluntary hand me a paddle..allow me to beat her and hand over her license to me. I am really almost not kidding. :icon_wink: (and of course I would never beat her..never have. :icon_wink:)
Nope not drinking, she never has. I feel sorry for her though actually because she did not know she did it. She is 61 years old and may be failing in some way(s) we are not aware of until as of this issue. I pretty much know where she did do the damage after questioning her, and a granite curb ( the kind where you can cut paper on the edge of) was more than likely the culprit along with of course, her driving into it.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: News from the tire shop. One rim saved, one needed along with new tire. The good news was I bought the road hazard guarantee, so the tire will be covered. So I need 1 rim, 2 wheel covers, alignment plus $14 labor/balance to put new tire on new rim, plus labor to repair bent rim etc., etc.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
The important thing is she was not injured!

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Premium AT
812 Posts
I bet the money she saved not drinking will waaay more than pay for the mishap.

Instead of doing it sober, she could have been drinking and done it....

·
Premium Member
'21 ISM Crosstrek Limited
1,182 Posts
For whatever it's worth... been there, feel your pain.

If this is your first incidence of that... it may not be your last.

If You've been married a long time, and this isn't the norm... worry. About her. Something isn't right.

If you haven't been married a long time... still worry, about her. "They" are better than that.

Buy her flowers.

Better; buy her jewelry.

Listen.

Parts are cheap, comparatively...

·
Registered
'15 Forester XT Super CVT
150 Posts

If You've been married a long time, and this isn't the norm... worry. About her. Something isn't right.

If you haven't been married a long time... still worry, about her. "They" are better than that.

Buy her flowers.

Better; buy her jewelry.

Listen.

This. Couldn't have put it better myself.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have been married for over 30 years, and yes I know she is not the same person physically. Due to this incident, I think she now realizes it too, and is ashamed, embarrassed and scared. I have been easy on her since I realized this, so as not to add to her stress. Thanks for everyone's concern. The car is all fixed now, just waiting on a wheel covered to be delivered, and it will be tip-top. Total cost of repair and wheel cover = $231 even.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
951 Posts

Buy her flowers.

Better; buy her jewelry.

Listen.

Amen. Sometimes it's easy to get stressed out and then they get more panicked when driving. I'm actually kinda paranoid about backing out after hitting pole with my new Subie...never had been before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts