Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Forester 2.5i Touring with eye-sight and all the "safety assists". Last Friday, all of a sudden my dashboard lit up like a pinball machine with at least eight warning lights as well as buzzers, bells, etc. I stopped, turned the ignition off and back on and everything was OK. Sunday the same thing happened again. The Subaru shop blamed it on a Snapshot plug-in device from Progressive Insurance that I installed a couple of weeks ago. The service guy said there were more than 30 error codes stored in the car's computer. Needless to say, I removed the device. I just wondered if others have experienced this and wanted to warn others about it. I'm interested to see if the problem recurs without the plug-in device.

·
Registered
2016 Forester
901 Posts
These cars just don't like having things plugged into OBDII full time, seems to disrupt CANBUS network and throw error codes. Apparently not limited to Subaru either, I've heard Toyotas do the same when OBD HUD is used.

Although knowing the actual codes would help.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
These cars just don't like having things plugged into OBDII full time, seems to disrupt CANBUS network and throw error codes. Apparently not limited to Subaru either, I've heard Toyotas do the same when OBD HUD is used.

Although knowing the actual codes would help.
Ive had an automatic.com dongle plugged in mine full-time since Day one. Moved it direct from Crosstrek to Forester at dealership delivery.

No issues. OBDII is a well documented spec, both parties have to comply with spec though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Forester
901 Posts
Ive had an automatic.com dongle plugged in mine full-time since Day one. Moved it direct from Crosstrek to Forester at dealership delivery.

No issues. OBDII is a well documented spec, both parties have to comply with spec though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't always happen, can't tell you why, but if you google around you'll find many people with this problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.