Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester S
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, what aftermarket muffler works best on Fozzies? I'd like it to sound more like a WRX. Boxer rumble and all.

Is there anything that gives a good boxer rumble and yet does NOT have an annoying drone in the cabin at highway speed?

My only experience with aftermarket mufflers is on V8s. Flowmasters are notorious for having bad cabin drone. I have a Magnaflow on my old IROC Camaro, it's loudernhell at full throttle above about 3000 rpm but at part throttle down the highway it's not bad, and no drone. Also, idle is reasonable, it does not set off car alarms in parking garages.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
The TurboXS forester specific axleback I have is a good fitment and no highway drones.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I like the sound of a magnaflow on a subaru if you're going to custom route. Stromung makes a nice bolt on muffler for the nonturbo models. You might also want to look into the obx 2.5rs muffler that can be found on ebay, it sounds pretty decent for cheap.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
TurboXS makes them :lol:

I might have it for sale soon, but I haven't decided yet. But you can go here to get a new one.

·
Registered
2002 Forester S
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TurboXS makes them :lol:

I might have it for sale soon, but I haven't decided yet. But you can go here to get a new one.
That part is for an 04 turbo. Mine is an 02 n/a. Probably won't fit.

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
The OBX catback is GREAT! Had it on about a month now. Better than my magnaflow (less drone and a little deeper), and a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
This exhaust setup me and my friend put together sound good. We used a flowmaster 40 series muffler (deeper and louder than a magnaflow) then we used a thurst 28" glasspack and a vibrant 12" resonator to mellow it out and eliminate any drone that a 40 series likes to do on the freeway.

I love the sound of my custom catback. BTW never mind the mess i made in the pic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts