Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a full set of these on order from my local Subaru dealer, should be with me next week. I'm amazed how much road crap gets flung up the bodywork!

Chap behind the desk showed me what they looked like and they are black plastic. I asked him how much to get them sprayed silver, the same as my car body colour, and he said probably around £75-£100.

When I looked at them I said 'looks an easy job just to spray paint them'. But he came back with something along the lines of treating/coating the plastic before having to paint them.

So what was he on about? I think its so that the paint doesnt just flake/peel off. Is that about right?

To save myself £100 can I just pop down to Halfords and get a can of something or other and do the job myself. And then spary them the right colour?

Just wondered if one of you knowledgable chaps knew how to go about this :)

I can turn my hand to most things, but I dont think mud flaps/ splash guards (or whatever you wanna call 'em) have to have the ultimate in paint job finish :-D

Regards Mick

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
From what I recall factory painted Mud Guards here in the US are $100 or less total, so £100 sounds a bit pricy for just the paintjob.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doh!

Thanks Ian :)

Looks like I'll be cancelling that order then, and making another from across the pond.

Now then, wonder what paint colour to order....Platinum Silver or Crystal Grey Metallic :?:

My UK spec says Premium Silver Metallic.

Mick

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I picked up my mudflaps today from Parcel Force who also lifted me for 30 notes, import tax, not too bad to say the order came to $182. I could'nt resist and bought the tweeters too :biggrin:

So my project this weekend (weather permitting) is to get them all fitted.

Mick

BTW: The US equivalent of my Premium Silver metallic is their Platinum Silver.

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday as well - same story on the import duty but still a good deal. Hope to get them on at the weekend too...looks pretty straightforward and hoping I don't have to take the rear wheels off cos I'm a lazy bugger ;) :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts