Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing a few weeks back at a local pond. We had just come off a long stretch of rain and things were pretty swampy all over. I pulled up to a spot and thought “damn, I don’t want to tromp through all of that. Let’s just back up closer to the water and hop out there.” Fished for an hourish and caught the smallest bluegill I have ever seen. Got packed up and realized I had sunk into like 10 inches of mud, got further down when I tried to pull out. Had to call my pops to bring out some 2x4s to shove under the wheels to get traction. Pretty dumb.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
2,494 Posts
I drive through worse every time there is a good rain and the volcanic clay turns to the consistency of freshly cooked oatmeal.
The right tires can make a big difference if you don't happen to have lumber and a delivery service available.

·
Registered
444 Posts
What tires are on the XT?
Based on the tread left in the mud- street tires.

My wife pulled off the road in our Flex one day after a lot of rain. My daughter wanted to take some scenery pictures. She got stuck. Once I got her out, she made the comment that if she had her Legacy that day she wouldn't have. Had to correct that assumption right then- no she still would have been stuck because we have street tires and they don't work in mud.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I agree tires are the problem as they are just normal road tires. Looking here soon to get something a little all-terrain. This just gives me another excuse to give the wife. 🙂

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
77 Posts
Pirelli AT PLUS are a 90/10 all terrain tyre with a three peaks snow rating. Good aggressive tread so look good too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts