Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be very cool to get a group together to take on Mt. Washington Auto Road in NH. It would have to be a summer/late summer trip to avoid snow and ice at the summit. Make sure your brakes are in good condition.

There is camping and hotels/motels in the area, plus we could also drive Kancamagus Scenic Hwy that offers spectacular scenery and plenty of pull outs for group shots. Kancamagnus is even better in the fall during peak color, but it gets busy with leaf peepers at that time of the year.

If anyone is game for such a trip let me know and I will organize.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,741 Posts
I'm interested. Late summer is still pretty open at the moment.

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
Depending on when it is and what my wife & kids have planned I could be up for it. Subaru Tuners of Maine did a Mt. Washington Auto Road drive/meet back in 2005. It was a hoot. Caught some air in the Forester coming down the back side of Hurricane Mtn. Rd. Don't want to do that again. The event made it into the Subaru Drive Performance magazine:

·
Registered
09 FXT 4EAT
46 Posts
I was thinking of trying to make a trip on one of the sunrise drive days.
mtwashingtonautoroad.com/Page-215.html

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,741 Posts
Quite by coincidence I picked up a map of the Kancamagus Highway at the Hooksett Visitors Center a few days ago. Here's a gif of it, and I'm attaching a pdf should you want to look at it in finer detail.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
320 Posts
I would definitely be interested in this.

All depends on if I can get the day off from work.... Which should be no problem as long as we set a date far enough in advance.

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Its about a 6 hour drive for us, and at that point (September) my wife will be about 8 months pregnant. Don't think she'd be up for that long a trip. Not sure if she'll let me fly solo, but I'll ask.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts