Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have an opinion on this Mr. Subaru oil filter video on YouTube? Have watched a number of his videos on YouTube and enjoyed the tool tips.

·
Registered
2020 Sport
300 Posts
A quick summary: blue filter sucks black ones from Japan guuud but there is counterfei. In conclusion: good luck finding quality filter in reasonable price If someone knows the equivalent Mazda parts # for blue 15A. I would appreciate it. Rockauto.com has the Fram which made the blue filter for about $5. I wish I won’t get flamed for summerizing what Mr. Subaru said. Your car you choice…..

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Tour
9 Posts
I use the Subaru blue at times, I also use the Fram TG, and the Fram XG. I compared these 3 and they are so identical. My opinion is change oil/filter every 4k-5k miles use quality name brand synthetic oil and no issues will happen. The filters I listed will do the job intended with no issues, that's my opinion. I also drive a 2018 FXT Touring. There is nothing wrong with WIX, Purolator are great.. Mobil1 filters for me are a stay away from filter just like the oil.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
2,057 Posts
No likely? No watchy. 🌝
I bought a lifetime supply of the Japanese black filters. They were the same price as the blue. Mr. Subaru does a great job with his videos. I’ve learned quite a bit. I don’t agree 100% but very informative. I like the tools showcases. The man has a huge collection.

·
Registered
'14 Forester XT Touring
1,132 Posts
..... Mobil1 filters for me are a stay away from filter just like the oil.
Farm sucks bro, your engine is going to die soon.... ..... Mobil 1 for life bro!!

LOL Fan boy fight!!!!

Joking aside. I been only using Mobil 1 in all of my cars even parents cars, with a combo of Mobil 1 filters and oem zero issues in the 25+ years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts