Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Prem 6sp Manual
802 Posts
I haven't seen that bar fitted to a '14, yet. Once you remove the fascia (DONT BOLT ANYTHING TO THE FASCIA!), you will find very few options for a bolt-on location. Obviously, your willingness to cut, burn and fab will open up many more options.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the photo. It gives me some ideas on mounting. Do you have any more shots?

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Premium AT
812 Posts
Thank you for the photo. It gives me some ideas on mounting. Do you have any more shots?
Oooohhh....looks like we have a love connection, folks!! :raspberry::Banane37:

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT 8 speed
113 Posts
I mounted two led light bars on the bumper support and they shine through the grill below the main grill. Super easy and descrete. Now I just need to finish wiring them.

·
Registered
2001 Grand Vitara Auto 4wd
46 Posts
How did you aim it ?

After reinstalling the bumper with the weight diff how did you aim it ?

Yes. No accessory, there's a ton of room on the bumper beam, just have to remove bumper, remove bumper beam and drill the holes in the bumper beam, and then reassemble. Oh yeah and wire..

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT 8 speed
113 Posts
After reinstalling the bumper with the weight diff how did you aim it ?
Bumper weighs nothing (as in a pound or two. I just made sure the lights were on the same vertical plane as the bumper beam since those are always square. If I'm way off, I'll just pull the bumper off again. Honestly, its not that hard to do.

·
Registered
2013 XT CVT
148 Posts
Hi guys(and gals), I used a Vision X prime horizon, 24", 90w spot-bar. I did use the bracket provided with the bar, and I didn't even pull the bumper to get it in to place! This is on a XT so I don't know if things differ from the N/A version. I just pulled the grill of and found that there is plenty of free room inside the bumper support. So there wouldn't be some nice surprise when drilling into it..:icon_eek: . The bar could not sit as supposed in it's original bracket so I had to move the bolts from the center to the adjustment slot, to get it lined up with the intake in the bumper. I actually had the bar with bracket mounted and tried it out against a wall to get a good starting point on the aiming. Then I used a marker to outline the bracket in place, and then made a template out of cardboard to transfer the mounting points onto the bumper support. I predrilled 3mm holes(6) and then used stainless self treading screw's with silicone to fasten the bracket in place. With the grill out of the way there is plenty of room to adjust the aiming. Only 2 bolts holding the bar to the bracket, and I have had 0 issues. with this install. The leds are really close to the small plastic supports in the bumper, but there is not enough heat to do any damage. Also, no problems with snow buildup in front of it! That was my biggest concern before trying this out. I can try to snap a few, to show how it looks tomorrow.

·
Registered
2013 XT CVT
148 Posts
10%, 40%, or 60% version?

Dying to see some night photos...
It's the 10' version. Usefull light about 200+meters, but lights up reflexes, animaleyes at 500meters to. No doubt i would get better/more/longer light with some real reflectorlights with HID, but this keeps the facia Clean. And the startup time is non-existant unlike the HID's on my previous cars.
Will try to get some good nighttime pics for you.

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Premium AT
812 Posts
Do you think there is room to install Hella Black Magic lights there?
Plenty, check out got a build I am doing with them...just have to finish up n post it. Biggest issue is that from the top of the steel bumper to that opening is ~3". Higher still to the grill opening. At least, for my SH Foz!! :)

EDIT: the problem is that the hella black magics will need to be raised up abuut 5" to be centered in the (sports grille for example) opening.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts