Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 forester
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALL:

I purchased the factory tweeters sometime ago, and my question is whether anyone has had success with mounting aftermarket tweeters in the factory tweeter location, in other words using the new triangles that come with the factory tweeters. If so, what size were the tweeters and how did you fasten?

FYI, i'm not not interested in using the old triangles and doing a surface mount. I know I could do that, but the tweeter overhangs, and I don't like the way it looks. Your thoughts please.

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,363 Posts

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
i just put mine in the stock location- I did have to cut a little plastic to make enough room but they are in and secure (with a little hot glue) and they look the same as stock from the outside.

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
bettysboy, what size were your tweeters and do you have pics?
they are 1" - JL Audio Evolution XR- a few years old, on their second car and still sound great.

Of course I have pics... poor quality but more visual then words.

Comparison OEM to aftermarket

OEM Tweeter cover/mount

Carve out enough to squeeze them in, aim them properly and hot glue them in place

Finished product- when installed looks as it did from factory.

·
Registered
09 XS Premium A/T
95 Posts
bettsyboy, i'm glad i stumbled across your post ^. i was wondering about the aiming issue in the stock location with aftermarket tweeters - to aim them between the seats rather than straight at your head, as the oem's seem to do. i'm very impressed with the sound characteristics of the JL's. they suit what i like to listen for in my music. being in Oz my best bet is to order from Sonic Electronix. i'm just waiting for Sonic to start carrying the new JL XD range of amps. then i'll also get some C2-600 for front and C2-600x for the rear. oh i can almost hear the clear, tight depth of the highs and mids now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts