Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a meet this past weekend where I witnessed one of the guys (Neoshi) applying the 303 solution on the plastic piece under the wiper blades. I didn't know if he applied enough of it, but when he was done, it didn't look good to me. I had to bring him over to my car and show the results of the Motul Shine n Go product that I used on mine. I see that there hasn't been any review on this so here is mine.

I did the first application three weeks ago and it looked great. I washed the car this past Saturday morning before the meet and applied the second treatment. It still looked great before before I treated it, so, a light coat was all it needed.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A question came up in the Pacific forum that I thought my answers would help others here:

looks sweet. did you just spray it on a towel and wipe it onto the plastic area?

also have u tried it on other stuff? ie engine or interior or other exterior items?

It comes out in a very fine mist. I spray it directly on all the exterior black pieces. It will leave a light film on the glass, but it rubs off with more wiping. This is only the second time I've applied this in 3 months and didn't have enough time Sat morning to apply in the engine bay plastics. I will next time though. I try not to use chemicals in the cabin cause I don't know how the off gases will affect my health. So, a swiffer is what I prefer inside. The times I've applied chemicals inside, I typically leave the doors open and drive with window down for a while. I try to avoid it.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
303- is water-based, contains no petroleum solvents or silicone oils, restores lost color and leaves a surface that repels dust, dirt and oil-based stains.
<>
ShinenGo-A silicone based spray that restores the beautiful luster of plastics, paints and varnish while laying down a dry film of protection.

not the same thing.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Well, the 303 has kind of brought back some of the black after neglecting it for so many years. I could use another treatment probably but this Motul stuff looks more suitable for my purposes.

Here my reasons:
-303 is more of a protectant that is done regularly as preventative maintenance
-Motul Shine N Go is better for restoration because of the silicone acting as a lubricant and probably does a decent job at protecting afterwards too.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another minor but maybe effective application method for this. Spray a light mist on the surface of all the parts around the car. CW in the northern hemi and CCW in the southern - lol. Do not to put so much that it drips. The ideas is to let the plastic soak up some of it instead of your rag sucking it all up. So if you spray all the parts first, by the time you are done spraying the last part, then you will wipe the first part you sprayed. It says it's good for clearcoat too, but I haven't had time to wax let alone use this for a final coat. Some guys in NASIOC says he has used it on his carbon fiber hood and was happy with the results.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know and have not looked for a liquid type of this solution.

I sprayed this on my yellowish glazed headlights and it took a lot of the yellow out.

I used them on the wheel also in hopes to repel the brake dust.

I think I will do the whole exterior on the next wash...

Another tip: The mist is so fine that you may want to apply this on a low or non-breezy day. Although, I would avoid applying in a non-ventilated garage. It does have a lemon scent though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts