Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
I don't know if the hatchback owners will shed any tears over this... still looks like a Kia sedan with a big wing from the rear.

·
Registered
2007 WRX STi
19 Posts
I don't know if the hatchback owners will shed any tears over this... still looks like a Kia sedan with a big wing from the rear.
But I would shed some tears over the wagon getting bbs wheels standard. Subaru is so proud about the front pillowball bushings, when they could have given us those back in the beginning. I just got finished replacing my whole rear suspension with pillowballs. Amazing difference.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Columbia Edition
327 Posts
Well, at least the STI hatch looks nothing like the Rio5.

Clearly, the problem with the third-generation, hatchback-only version of Subaru's WRX STI was its excessive rear visibility and cargo capacity.
+1 Hatch anyday. Never understood why NA loves sedans so much.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,511 Posts
Heavier. Less cargo room. Less visibility. Less sleeper. More rice. More sedan. More fail.

Wagons... they just win.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Hmm those pillowballs would be nice on my car :biggrin:

But I would shed some tears over the wagon getting bbs wheels standard. Subaru is so proud about the front pillowball bushings, when they could have given us those back in the beginning. I just got finished replacing my whole rear suspension with pillowballs. Amazing difference.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Columbia Edition
327 Posts
The sedan is 33 lbs. heavier; probably due to the wing. However, I'm willing to bet that the sedan has a stiffer chassis.
Oh, I thought you meant that sedans are heavier in general than hatches.

·
Registered
2011 WRX
144 Posts
nothing a X rear brace couldnt fix I suppose...what I can't figure out is why does the sedan cost LESS than the hatch? geez.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,786 Posts
Meh, I'd rather have the hatch for the extra room. The sedan looks like a tricked out Corolla.

Stan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts