Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyways, I go outside this morning to warm up the car like I always do. I go to put the shifter in neutral and it is stuck in first gear and REALLY didn't want to come out of first gear. I tried three times, w/ the clutch in all the way, to pull it out but not too hard. The forth time I got mad and pulled it out. I then, w/ the clutch still engaged proceded to shift through all gears multiple times to check it out and make sure it wasn't sticking anywhere. It felt fine after that so I put it in neutral and let it warm up.

I drove to work and everything seemed fine. I will check it again when I start my car again.

really! is going on? Any insights? Never had this happen to me before.

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Nobody seems to know what is going on. I have started my car plenty today and no reoccuring problems shifting out of first at startup. Hopefully, it was just a fluke that will never come back.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
Were you parked on a grade? I could see this occuring if you parked on a grade and had the weight of the car on the tranny instead of the parking brake. Add in some freezing temps and I could see that happening and may explain why there's no lasting effects.

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NahdaDamdyke said:
Were you parked on a grade? I could see this occuring if you parked on a grade and had the weight of the car on the tranny instead of the parking brake. Add in some freezing temps and I could see that happening and may explain why there's no lasting effects.
It is on a slight grade but I park there every day and have been through all weather conditions more than once...never had this happen before. Everything seems to be okay now.

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
mine hates 1st and R when its cold, I've had it stick in 1st a few times

1 - 7 of 7 Posts