Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just thought id pass on a few pics of a recent trip to Moreton Island on the east coast of Australia. The car is a manual 04 foretser XT with 2'' strut lift, sump guard and heavy duty springs in the rear.
The car was great and a lot of fun in the sand, looking forward to the next trip.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 MY07 FXT
64 Posts
Nice shots,

How were the inland tracks from the Barge to the east side of the island? Last time I went I was on a tour bus and parts of the tracks looked really bad. Your photos seem to be flat and hard.

Moreton Island is the final frontier for my MY07 XT, I have been on every other island and beach in South East Qld. If I go over, it will be on my own.

From memory the northern track has lots of gravel in it from World War II (thanks to the Americans :) ) so those areas are hard and flat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi All,

We went over before the rain in early Decemebr so the sand on the inland tracks was very dry and so hot couldnt walk without shoes on the darker sand. The middle road between Tangalooma and the east coast was very chewed up but normally is due to the tour buses and trucks that service Kooringal. We went across this track 5 times on our stay and 3 times had to stop to help dig someone else out (Navaras mainly) but i have seen it worse in the middle of the holiday season etc.
The Bulwer track is tame these days as they've laid down a lot of mulch on the hill climbs which has unfortunately taken a lot of the challenge away. The lighthouse and yellow patch road are the same as they are predominately packed dirt and sand.
Still there's a lot of great tracks around the campsites and can always find a challenge if you look hard enough, cant wait to return.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2007 MY07 FXT
64 Posts
Hi All,

We went over before the rain in early Decemebr so the sand on the inland tracks was very dry and so hot couldnt walk without shoes on the darker sand. The middle road between Tangalooma and the east coast was very chewed up but normally is due to the tour buses and trucks that service Kooringal. We went across this track 5 times on our stay and 3 times had to stop to help dig someone else out (Navaras mainly) but i have seen it worse in the middle of the holiday season etc.
The Bulwer track is tame these days as they've laid down a lot of mulch on the hill climbs which has unfortunately taken a lot of the challenge away. The lighthouse and yellow patch road are the same as they are predominately packed dirt and sand.
Still there's a lot of great tracks around the campsites and can always find a challenge if you look hard enough, cant wait to return.

Cheers,
Looks like I'll be grading the middle road flat with my stock height XT LOL! Hasn't failed me yet!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts