Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone verify that adding a cat-back exhaust will require some tuning on an 09 Forester? I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. I have an exhaust coming soon and really don't want to spend extra $$ on a tune, if I don't need to. Purely buying the exhaust for a deeper Subaru sound, not performance.

The new exhaust is 2.5" in diameter (outside Im assuming).

Is a tune only required for incoming air?

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Only need a tune if you modify the downpipe (the pipe going from the turbo to the catback) or parts forward of the turbo. Just adding a catback will have little/no effect on performance or the tune.

·
Registered
2009 FXT
202 Posts
Yeah I mean your always going to have some noise. This magnaflow is worlds quieter than the magnaflow catback I had on my civic si. Its noticable sound but not annoying imo. I'm really happy with the exhaust. The only thing I wish it had were mounting flanges for the muffler like the stock one uses. Also I ordered from hottexhaust.com and googled up a coupon code with saved a good chunk of $$$$$$$$

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wonder if it will be louder since your car is N/A. I heard the turbo keeps it quieter
fuc k :yell:
19hrs and some change and there will be a huge box at your driveway. Where did you order from?
It's in VA! hahaah. I got it from this place: MVPAutoParts.com

They have their stuff on eBay and it was a Buy It Now / Best Offer. I offered $525 shipped and he said ok.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts