Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any XT have the optional feature of a Moon roof/Sunroof? Ive been shopping around and it doesn't look like it. Ive been looking for an 2004-2006 XT. Do you guys know of any years that they do come with them?

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
In 04 the XT premium (leather seats, moonroof) was only available with an automatic. In 05 the XT premium added a manual transmission, and the driver seat is power.
In 06 it became the XT Limited. You could get it in MT and AT.

A big reason why I got an 05 was because I wanted an MT and a moonroof and I liked the 03-05 front end. The limited me to finding an 05 XT premium.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Yep, all XTs come with a moonroof with the exception of the '04 5MT. None come with sunroofs.

Stan

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
2005 XTs came in standard and premium packages. You could get an AT or MT XT with or without a moonroof. You could also get an 04 XT AT without a moonroof and it came with cloth interior.

·
Registered
2004 FXT
403 Posts
Yup.. 04XT.. My moonroof glass cracked last year.. out of warranty.. couple hundred bucks. Last week.. moonroof motor is going out. And I haven't used the moonroof too much over the years either. IMHO.. get a forester without moonroof. It's a great car for 6 years old.

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
I held out for an XT premium just for the moonroof. I love it and if it is not raining out it is being used.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
What is the difference between a moonroof and a sunroof?

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
The words are pretty much interchangable, but I've always though of it as this:

sunroof- Solid panel you can't see out of that opens (2001 2.5RS)
moonroof- glass panel that opens. (Forester Style)

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
+1 ^^, moonroof you can see through, sunroof is metal.

Stan

·
Registered
2005 Forester X Auto
141 Posts
Cannot open the sunroof in rain - can slide the shade back and enjoy the moonroof in rain :)
Not sure - but I dont think anyone makes a sunroof anymore..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts