Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to override the moonroof safety sensor? My moonroof will only close if I manually hold down the deflector. Or a way to fix it?

I took videos and may not be able to post em. If a kindly member wants to post em for me, PM me and I'll send you the vids.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
I presume you have cleaned the tracks of any dirt or other debris. Something is causing the motor to reverse and that's usually the culprit on mechanisms like this.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
143 Posts
Does the deflector go down easily if you push it by hand? What about if you push down on the two bars on either side that the sunroof pushes on to make it go down when closing? It could just be coincidence that it is jamming up a little just at that spot, but it seems like it is reversing just as the deflector is starting to go down. Ours did something similar a year or two ago. I cleaned out the old grease and dirt the best I could and re-lubed all the moving pars I could get to, especially the mechanism that makes the deflector flip down. It has worked fine since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts