Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
awesome
75 Posts
As my sunroof has gone south, I am very interested in a delete option. Especially a t-top removable style one. Aaaan... if the mold can produce a cheaper fiberglass version for my non-racecar that would be best

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
ISO: Carbon piece that drops in the top with a seal that protects from air and rain and has quick release mechanism (4) something similar to a front wheel on a bike that can secure into place. :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2007 XT - 5MT ELH, EWG, E85, Kinugawa TD06SL 20G 8cm
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I am selling the donor moonroof to make the mold, I just don't have the time. The moon-roof comes with the seal, glass is cracked but in one piece. I can ship for $100.00.

Send me an email to david136athotmail.

·
Fozzer
2007 SG9 XT Ltd 4 A/T Sportshift
96 Posts
Hey guys I've been told that theres 3D printing for CF, and if I provide the 3D (kind of a CAD image) scheeme of the glass part a CF copy could be printed.

I don't beleive it would be a good way to manufacture a moonroof substitute to the glass one due to structural strength when compared to the laying fabrication.

In any case, I'm very interested in this if someone has done any progress...

·
Registered
2008 XT Sport 5-speed
350 Posts
I just dug my car out of storage after 5 years, and it's too bad to see this never happened. This was one of the first mods I wanted to do when I got the car back. :crying:

·
Fozzer
2007 SG9 XT Ltd 4 A/T Sportshift
96 Posts
I'm still willing to get a CF moonroof...

Isn't there a way to improve the marketing of this so other fozzy owners could be aware of it?
I'm not in the OzFoz forum (Australia), neither other the Subaru/Impreza/STI forums around the globe, but since I've seen many people doing CF door cards, rear seat deletes, and many other CF parts for Subarus, it could be a way to gather 10-15 commited fozzy owners for the CF moonroof.

·
Registered
2008 XT Sport 5-speed
350 Posts
I'm still interested in this as well, and the guy I had talked to years ago is still making CF parts for Subies, maybe we can talk with him and get a Group Buy setup...years ago he said he would need 10 people to commit, not sure if that is still the case, but might be worth a try. Aerosim Research ? Aerosim Research

·
Registered
2008 XT Sport 5-speed
350 Posts
Bumping this back from the dead...Mostly because I had the thought today that with all the 3d printing that has become available since this thread started, someone must have a contact that does large scale 3d printing that could print us a sunroof replacement...I doubt it would be carbon fiber, but even plastic would be better (at least a lot lighter) than the glass.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts