Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,339 Posts
No offense taken. I'm not going to drop names, but you can't assume that just 'cause I'm from Idaho that there are no talented drivers here. We have some solo national champions in our region also. Yes, I'm running SM, but because of lower turnout and to increase competition, our region has created "bump" groups combining a handful of similar classes into the same group. So, SM runs against classes like SMF, SSM, XP, and FP.

My point was that the forester can be quite competitive, but if I were going to build a full tilt race car, I'm pretty confident it wouldn't even be a Subaru.
I totally missed this. I agree with most everything you said too! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2008 XT Sport 5-speed
350 Posts
any chance that we could get a CF roof rail delete going at the same time? I figure if they are tooling up to make the sunroof plug it would be a good time to throw another part in there as well.

·
Registered
2008 XT Sport 5-speed
350 Posts
^^^
well I know there are many of us that don't use the roof rails, and no one seems to know if the sg5 roof rail delete will work on the sg9. So i figured if we are talking to a company that can make us custom parts this would be the time to bring this up.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,339 Posts
I would think a delete for the rails would be easy enough but the shape of the rails and their low profile would offset anything that could be made really. You might lose 1/2 the height but there will still be something there as it would be needed for strength purposes.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,706 Posts
^^^
well I know there are many of us that don't use the roof rails, and no one seems to know if the sg5 roof rail delete will work on the sg9. So i figured if we are talking to a company that can make us custom parts this would be the time to bring this up.
The SG5 and SG9 rails are identical, I don't see why they wouldnt work. The cars are exactly the same except for the front end really.

To make custom carbon ones you would need a car with the SG5 deletes on it to mold from, then they are so long and skinny the mold would be hard to make and keep straight. Custom made mounts/clips whatever holds it on. Not sure the cost to value is there. (Not to mention Jason really dislikes making things that don't actually save weight or serve a purpose to make the car faster.)

·
Registered
2008 XT Sport 5-speed
350 Posts
^^^
Thats good to know. I always assumed they were the same and some rough measurements between a friends sg5 and my sg9 had me basically convinced of the fact, but i'm glad hear someone else confirm before i spend the money.

So on with the roof plug.:Banane17:

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,706 Posts
^^^
Thats good to know. I always assumed they were the same and some rough measurements between a friends sg5 and my sg9 had me basically convinced of the fact, but i'm glad hear someone else confirm before i spend the money.

So on with the roof plug.:Banane17:
Just to double check, go on opposedforces.com or go to a subaru dealer and see if the roof rails are the same part number.

·
Registered
2008 XT Sport 5-speed
350 Posts
any new news on this? I've been busy with a new job and moving twice, so I've been out of the loop for awhile.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,706 Posts
any new news on this? I've been busy with a new job and moving twice, so I've been out of the loop for awhile.
No not really, Jason at Carbotron has been real busy with a couple big projects. I did however find a totaled Forester at a local junkyard with what I have been told is an intact moonroof. I have to see how much they want for it.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,706 Posts
I am definitely still working on making this happen with Jason at Carbotron, right now he is just real busy. We have plans for this winter to do a few other awesome one off parts on my car so hopefully we will make a mold for this at the same time.

·
Registered
2006 Sub OBW LL Bean 3.0R 5EAT
62 Posts
OK Thread INHALE and EXHALE SLOWLY, is there still a pulse? Winter is moving along.

A bump/ chest compression.

·
RESTRICTED Member
2004 Forester XS 5 speed manual
661 Posts
i will be designing one here shortly, i have a small list of parts that ill be making out of cf for the sg5 market as well

61 - 80 of 114 Posts