Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front of my moon roof sits about 3-5mm below the edge of the roof line. The rear section sits appropriately and it functions completely normally. I haven't noticed any leaks and did check under the liner to see if there was any seepage.

The roof appears to be perfect except where it sits when closed. Anyone else have experience with this anomaly?

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
1,568 Posts
Could be bad fit and finish from the factory. Check to make sure nothing is obstructing the rails. Could be a loose shim, or the gasket is not sitting flush. Last resort, have the dealership look at it and document the problem. How old is the car? Purchased new?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 15 with about 88k. I purchased it in January. I'll look at the moonroof diagrams to see if there's a shim or something out of place. Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
1,568 Posts
I have a 2015 also. CPO purchased last year. I’ll take a look at my moon roof tomorrow morning and report back if anything is out of place. I do have a factory defect on my front passenger door.

I never noticed it until one night I noticed some light coming through the inner plastic door trim. Can’t believe Subaru let this slide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts