Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these any good, how long could they be expected to last, how do they compare to KYB's?

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i CVT
600 Posts
Are these any good, how long could they be expected to last, how do they compare to KYB's?
Provably not as long as OEM. I see them as the standard offering at a lot of tire/brake shops. So higher volume sales, cheaper, means more people to possible post issues. Also varying levels of mechanics installing them. I think I was told expect to replace them in the 50-70k range.

I would be tempted to do OEM on my Forester if I had to. Or even source the spring/shock combo from an XT VIN.

I avoided Monroe and did Bilstein on my old 4Runner on advise of toyota community. Not familiar with KYB but enough enthusiasts like, Id do that over Monroe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 FXT Limited 5 Speed Manual
186 Posts
I've read bad reviews on Monroe struts. Haven't looked into it a whole bunch, but it was enough to make me look at KYB. Pep Boys was having a 25% off sale recently and it saved me a lot of money. Yes it was still in the $400 range, but seeing that each is over $100 each, with the rears being I think $130 each, it was worth going that route. Look for sales and get quality product and don't cheap out. Even if you have to buy one at a time over the course of a few months and then install them all at once, paying a little extra to have quality product installed and lasting much longer is better than paying less and then replacing cheap product sooner.

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Forester CVT
44 Posts
I had a shop install Quick Struts on my previous car, a Mazda. They were junk from the start. They made noise over bumps, did nothing for handling or ride. Maybe they are better for our cars? I don't know.

Sorry, no experience with the KYB's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts