Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
those are not direct fit... you have to drill with those bad boys...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ic, do i just keep the stock ones on and drill these right on top?
Thanks rob

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
The stock gas pedal is plastic.. Not sure what would happen if you drilled it. Be careful not to crack it. Ever consider the WRX pedals?

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
Just use Liquid Nails to hold 'em on...

ok... just kidding... WRX pedals or the STi pedals are a nice upgrade. Plus if you get the WRX pedals, you can get the matching dead pedal for extra bling!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, now i have to figure out if im going to use the MOMO's or wrx/sti stuff.
Do you guys have an idea of how much wrx/sti takeoff pedals go for? Used or new

·
Registered
398 Posts
I would say just get the pedal pads... but if you go STi, make sure to get the JDM ones, not the usdm ones...

the JDM ones are easy to tell, because the gas pedal sticks out on the bottom to the left, and come in 3 color choices... silver, blue, gold... ;)

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
DanzBorin said:
I would say just get the pedal pads... but if you go STi, make sure to get the JDM ones, not the usdm ones...

the JDM ones are easy to tell, because the gas pedal sticks out on the bottom to the left, and come in 3 color choices... silver, blue, gold... ;)
I had the JDM ones many moons ago. I found that little tab that sticks out on the gas pedal a pain. My shoe, where the sole met the upper, would always catch on it, I took them off eventually. I don't have a big foot either (7EE) Part of the reason was also that they were pink (only type at the time) and it looked funny in my RS. I did not find them any more or less grippy that the WRX / STi Al looking ones either.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135

·
Registered
398 Posts
Peaty said:
I had the JDM ones many moons ago. I found that little tab that sticks out on the gas pedal a pain. My shoe, where the sole met the upper, would always catch on it, I took them off eventually. I don't have a big foot either (7EE) Part of the reason was also that they were pink (only type at the time) and it looked funny in my RS. I did not find them any more or less grippy that the WRX / STi Al looking ones either.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135
I like the fact it stuck out... was great for heel toe shifting...

but boy the gas pedal is a real PITA to install... I had to take the whole pedal assembly out...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So where can i order the JDM ones?
As for now, i just took off the rubber on the clutch pedal

·
Registered
398 Posts
kastle sells them...

i'm sure a few other places do too...

try gruppe-s as well...

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
Bling!!

Roo finally got around to installing the STi pedal set yesterday that he got me for Christmas... :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
pleiad7 said:
Roo finally got around to installing the STi pedal set yesterday that he got me for Christmas... :D

them are the usdm pedals... they look almost exactly the same though... the gas pedal is the only difference... well that and you don't get a dead pedal...

·
Premium Member
2012 GTI DSG 6-speed
1,463 Posts
pleiad7 said:
If he really loved you he would have sprung for the dead-pedal too. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts