Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, after weeks of planning/work I am close to finishing a complete overhaul of the audio system in my 2003 Forester. My current project is replacing the front door speakers. I pulled off both door panels and was surprised to find water in the passenger side door. I know moisture is normal, but how much exactly? From just a quick look over, corrosion inside the door does not appear to be an issue anywhere. The gasket around OEM speaker was damp, otherwise it appeared perfectly fine (the cone was dry). We did have some heavy downpour while I was at work today. Maybe I am overreacting, but I wanted to verify this is okay. I need to emphasize that the door was not flooded inside, but part of the clear plastic liner had water on it and that is what caught my attention. I suppose baffles for the speakers is an option, but some of those appear to negatively affect sound quality. If quality aftermarket speakers are designed to withstand some moisture, I may just install and leave as is. Any thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts