Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting my xt etuned soon and getting off the its maps. I currently have a invidia N1, ets intake, aem fuel pump and GFB BPV installed and have done the danoz clamps. Before I pay for a tune, is there any other good bang for buck mods I should do to maximize the money spent on the tune? I was thinking an EBCS since those are pretty cheap but not sure if its necessary without the jpipe.

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ETS intake does not require a tune from stock per their instructions and data logs. I monitor my AFRs and Learning is +3-+6. with zero knock and no DAM drop. Its not as ideal as a full tune, but within the built in engine control range parameters.

·
Registered
2018 Forester
32 Posts
@numskull50 Tune meaning atleast running a ots map for your mods from the cobb website on a accessport and by your reply about monitoring certain parameters I’m assuming you have an accessport

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interesting for sure. Are you running the 2015+ wrx version then? I didn't see a specific 2014+ forester version on their website.

ETS intake does not require a tune from stock per their instructions and data logs. I monitor my AFRs and Learning is +3-+6. with zero knock and no DAM drop. Its not as ideal as a full tune, but within the built in engine control range parameters.

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes running the wrx one. Got it locally with the box for $100 in like new condition. The bracket that connects the box to the fender doesn't line up 100%, but the all the rest of the brackets line up perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts