Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT manual
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, i am new to the whole forum thing, i am a keen Subaru fan having had a couple of STI's the last been a STI type Uk and thoroughly enjoyed each day of driving it, but the inevitable happened and a family appeared so it had to go but i am getting the itch again, but it has to hold a family of 4. FORESTER is the answer, Ideally want a sleeper don't want STI badges as cause unwanted attention, something that i can build in my own time and when financies allow. I have read that an XT is a good firm foundation to get my Sleeper, but what engine would be the best 2.5 or 2.0? and what year is the easiest and cheapest to modify? Any help and advice would be greatly accepted and appreciated..

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,972 Posts
Buy a FSTi.

Remove badges.

Mods done. :biggrin:

Or try the scc28 route if you don't have the budget for a FSTi. His car is q proper example of what can be achieved with a XT.

·
Registered
2005 forester sti 6 speed manual
428 Posts
do as BS said. 99% of folk don't even know what they are anyway, the impreza lads around here don't even nod at me anymore since the wagon went(although not ruling out they may think i'm a tw&t:biggrin:).the build your own route gets very expensive even if your prepared to really get your hands dirty so get the sti.
mik

·
Registered
2015 Fiat van Man stick
4,808 Posts
Pm scc28. Saw his today. It's more than an FSTI!

·
Registered
2004 FSTI dccd 6MT
574 Posts
Power-wise it's quite easy to get past sti-levels, but you can't beat the 6speed sti box, which has front lsd and won't brake with 300+bhp.
I managed to get 290 whp under 1000 euros (including 4 pot brakes and 17" prodrive wheels).

·
Registered
2004 Forester xt Manual
56 Posts
I have a 2.5 XT with the following mods and would definately recommend going this route if you wanted to save a few £k over an sti and be more stealthy.....

VF43 turbo
Sti intercooler
Decat downpipe/up-pipe and cat back stainless exhaust
rcm fuel pump
remapped to 1.2 bar (safe)
Impreza sti suspension

It is running around 330bhp/350lbft

Total cost of mods/fitting/remap was around £1500 as turbo/intercooler/exhaust were sourced 2nd hand as and when they popped up for sale.

I love it! and like the stealth factor. Nobody tries to race you which I used to hate when I had my mitsi evo.

If you drive on the motorway quite a bit though, an STi fozzie makes more sense as the 6 speed box will make it easier to live with.

Wagonwheels has his XT for sale at the moment which looks like an absolute bargain and could be right up your street:rock:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f110/2004-2-5-xten-forester-245762/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts