Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester AT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this radio/cd player to upgrade my P122, in my '01 Forester. Not knowing that I needed a CODE for the new one. No surprise- the seller doesn't have it and will not pay for the dealer charge to get. Did Subaru use one generic number to cover all of these P123/ 86201FC080 models? If yes- what might it be, and how do you go about resetting the code? Any info will greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
1996 SVX
473 Posts
What is the P123 doing that leads you to think it needs a code?

Many SVX owners have bought that same model radio used, and I haven't seen any mention they needed a code.

However, these radios do have a tendency to go bad -- particularly the 6-disc mechanism. Is it possible that's really the problem with yours?

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
What is the P123 doing that leads you to think it needs a code?

Many SVX owners have bought that same model radio used, and I haven't seen any mention they needed a code.

However, these radios do have a tendency to go bad -- particularly the 6-disc mechanism. Is it possible that's really the problem with yours?
The 6 disc mechanism can jam up easily, but its actually pretty easy to fix unless theres another problem.

As far as I know, not a single usdm subaru radio has ever needed a code to work.

·
Registered
2001 Forester AT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 6 disc mechanism can jam up easily, but its actually pretty easy to fix unless theres another problem.

As far as I know, not a single usdm subaru radio has ever needed a code to work.
I thought it may need a code since it was not working, and other sellers on eBay said they were not responsible for supplying security code.

It just makes static sound. No text in window. It did accept cassete tape, but would not play it. Cd slot would not accept disc.

Glad to hear that Subies don't use codes.

My P122 worked when I put it back in. Sent P123 back to seller. Will buy single disc cd player (H6240LS001) + just plug that in to my old radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts