Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

After 8 years of driving a non-subaru vehicle, I am coming home! I have decided to purchase an '06 Forester XT Turbo. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I have some questions regarding options and modifications. Here are options I am considering - can I get some advice from any of you who have been down this path?

1. I'd like to soup up the look of my new Subie. The mods I am considering are WAAG bumper and tail guards. Any opinions here?
2. I love the look of gold wheels - and am thinking of getting a Red Forester. Anyone seen acombo like this?
3. Any other exterior mods that would spruce up the Subie? I am interested in a scoop guard - is there such a thing?
4. I am looking to add mods right at the start that will extend the life of my subie - any ideas? ceramic brakes? better tires? seal coat?
5. I drive 2 kids back and forth to various colleges so will need a trailer hitch - nothing too heavy. Is a Class II enough?

I get employee pricing - anyone have experience with this? I am hopoing to cash in on a reate too to bring the price in. Figure I will use the money to customize the car.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
Welcome! Whatever you do, do not purchase the seal coat that the dealership will try to sell you! It is really nothing other than a $700 wax job - pure dealer profit at the expense of the unexpecting customer.

Look around in the various forums here and you will get an idea of what can be done to your Subie to enhance your ownership experience. Personally, I'd ditch the Geolandars and start off with a set of decent tires. This will also improve your braking to a certain degree (ultimately, it's the tires that stop you, not the brakes ;-) ). Check out the wheels and tire tech forum, you'll be sure to find some pointers there. There are also some releatively budget friendly upgrades that can be done to your brakes, like aftermarket pads, larger rotors, and stainless lines.

There are several threads in the member gallery grouped by vehicle color, so you could browse there for any ideas in terms of exterior mods, wheel colors, etc.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Hmm...

Here's something for you. I'd get Rockblocker protection (www.rockblocker.com) from Chad (one of our vendors), which will protect the front end from the rock chips, scratches, etc. that usually occur pretty quickly.

If you're not going with a BBK, I'd recommend the Prodrive P7's, which I have on a burning closeout sale for $650/set SHIPPED!! Why get the imitation ones when you can get the real thing? I have gold available too, and they'd look pretty nice on that car.

Also, for handling, go with a RSB, endlinks, and you can't go wrong with a Mo_Boost rear strut tower brace.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome back to Subarus! (why did you leave??:confused: )

I've always been a big fan of subaru gold wheels. I have a set of gold RS rims that have been on 4 of my Subies. I love the look - I think they would go well with red.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts