Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
So I was building some dog bariers in the garage when I saw brown pull up. I new what he had, and damn I wanted it. Took me maybe 30 minutes and this is what I had:

I know the pix are sub par but peaty will do the write up and throw some good images up I'm sure...

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
It's simple to install and I have the holes already in the stut covers :) But I take a few more pics than that ;)

Looks good :)

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a bit of a problem fitting the top cross bar. With both locking nuts on it was just a bit to long. I think shaving the nipple off of both of them should take care of that... We'll see tomorrow.
Oh ya the hole in the cover I'm putting that off so that when I bugger them up it won't **** my buzz...

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
sickness, do you have to adjust anything or is it good to go
any benefits from it so far? looks like it would do a really good job of keeping the arse in line

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MY00Forest said:
sickness, do you have to adjust anything or is it good to go
any benefits from it so far? looks like it would do a really good job of keeping the arse in line
Don't know yet but I'll find out real soon... :twisted:

I did make a 90 degree right at 30mph tonight and no tire squeal.

Damn this thing is pretty! To bad it'll never be seen...

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
Perrin mentioned something had to be redrilled into the body... what exactly was this step ?

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lower arm tabs. Those small black anodized rectangles. There are three holes. One goes into the existing threaded hole, one is where that tie down screws into, and then one that you drill into the wheel well. It's pretty easy, so long as you use a punch to mark the hole before drilling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts