Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got this message from Perrin today,:

I recieved the top hats from my vendor, unfortunately he did not have the othe parts. I just wanted to let you guys know that I have not forgotten about anybody. I will have the other parts next week.

Thanks

Perrin.

-----------------------------------

Here is my install for the single bar brace:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5521

I will update the page with the inverted V style after I get mine.

FWIW I understand that he ordered a few extras for those interested but did not get in on the order. He can post the details here after I figure out how to give him access to this forum :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
any updates ? I'm starting to get weary of waiting so long...

Can you PM his email addy PEaty ?

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
I've been sending weekly e-mails to get the 411, and have gotten the same response as Peaty. "waiting on parts." :(

·
Developer
2004 Subaru Forester XT 5spd Manual
143 Posts
Well guys I have good news and bad news. The good news is, that I recieved all of the parts early in the week. The bad news is that I had to reject some of the parts. Basically one of the parts had to be reanodized and the other had a dimension that was out of tolerance. All i can say is that my vendor really made me look bad on this one, and I will not be using him in the future. However the good thing is that the problems are minor, and I will have them by tuesday. My deepest apologies to every one, and I appreciate your patience. I know this does not make up for the fact that the parts are so late, but I will not be charging anyone for shipping. The second I get them I will be shipping them out.

My vendor for change did make extras, I have 6 extra sets, so those of you who are interested, please e-mail me. However I will have to order additonal purchased parts, which typiocally takes about a week.

Thanks for your understanding.

Perrin

Thanks

Perrin

·
The Modfather
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's turned on now, he didn't realize it was off which is the default.

·
Developer
143 Posts
I just wanted give an update. I called my vendor last night at his house and he assured me several times that he would have the rest of the parts to me by the end of today. So far he has conviently avoided me and not returned any of my calls. I will chew his donkey out first thing in the morning and give you guys and update.

Thanks

PROD

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
I think it's about time we have a Forester get together at this guys' shop. You know, the one where we all gather 'round his shop, and get a little clumsy?? We accidentally hang up on his phone calls, play around with his other projects with our ham-handed attempts to "help" him, so he can finish with OUR project...

·
Developer
143 Posts
After about a dozen phone calls he finally called me back at the end of the day. Good news is I just picked up one of the other set of parts (The lower Clevis). He told me the last Part would not be ready till tomorrow morning. I was irritated to say the least, but at least I got the other parts back. Mannnnnnnnnnnn the black looks so good with the red anodize. take a look. Just hang in there a little longer.

Thanks

PROD

Attachments

·
Developer
143 Posts
Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.........you guys are not gonna believe this, because I still dont.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I actually got all of the parts.

So, this is how it's gonna go. I will assemble and box them up tomorrow. and I will ship them out on monday. I will send out pay pal request tomorrow as well. Please email me if you want me to ship to an address other than that listed on your paypal account.

Thanks

PROD

Attachments

·
Developer
143 Posts
As I mentioned before I have extra machined parts. The only thing I do not have is all of the purchased parts/hardware. which I can get in about a week to 2weeks time. If you are interested please email me. The cost for the full blown setup with braces is 375, and w/o is 220, shipping is $15.

PROD

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,928 Posts
amazing.....

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
mo_boost said:
As I mentioned before I have extra machined parts. The only thing I do not have is all of the purchased parts/hardware. which I can get in about a week to 2weeks time. If you are interested please email me. The cost for the full blown setup with braces is 375, and w/o is 220, shipping is $15.

PROD
Speaking of "braces..." When might those become available?

·
The Modfather
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like my brace was in the garage when I got home last night. I'll get it installed this weekend :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts