Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forster S not sure
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an VW MK3 front lip from Ebay. This is a 2 piece front lip that has a seem in the middle. There have been many post asking questions on how to install this and I took pictures of my installation I did today. This is a little wide for the front of the car so I used a dremel and shaved some from the center on the side that does not have a finished edge since the two halves slide together. This made the center off about 1/2" which you can see in the pictures. I only had to add 4 holes to the lower portion of the bumper cover to accommodate more bolts. I also used foam weather stripping along the top edge to fill any gapes that I may encounter between the bumper and lip since the lower part of the bumper is not flat. I used all stainless steel hardware.
12- 1" 1/4x20 bolts
24 - 1" dia fender washers
12 - Locking nuts

·
Registered
2004 2.5xs dont know how to drive auto
182 Posts
hhhhmmmmm interesting.... its kinda to big for the bumperand dont flow well.. but better looking than the garage door lip

·
Registered
2001 Forster S not sure
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking about cutting the side down a little to make it match the bumper better or I could just let the concrete do it. Not sure.

What is the garage door lip? The rubber molding?

·
Registered
2004 FXT 4EAT
259 Posts
I like it. Maybe if you trim the sides so they are parallel with the ground, that would look even better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts