Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5 spd, Blouch 16GXT,Stage 3! Yeeaa buddy!!
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I have an '04 FXT. My OEM struts have 160K miles & are pretty much gone. I have been contemplating lowering the car a bit, no hella flush stuff here, but a nice comfortable, handling, DD.

I have done lots of reading here & I wanted to go w/low mile '04 STI struts, springs & upgrading the top hats to GroupN. Now my friend is offering me his '04 STI struts (fronts) w/KYB Excel-g (rears) with Eibach Sport Springs. I guess his rear stock struts were blown so he got the rear Excel's & Eibach springs from Les Schuab under 3K miles ago, oh by the way the front STI struts have up to 95K miles.

Will these set up be a direct bolt on if these were on his '04 STI? Will I have the saggy butt syndrome? Anyone use Eibach Sports springs on their SG's? Pics?

Thanks!

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,667 Posts
Eibach would not match very well with Excel G nor with STI strut. You will end up with very badly matched suspension. Front strut would over damped and rear under damped. The spring rate would not match Forester weight that well either.
Basically you would only get lowered saggy butt look with none ride and handling you are aiming for.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5 spd, Blouch 16GXT,Stage 3! Yeeaa buddy!!
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eibach would not match very well with Excel G nor with STI strut. You will end up with very badly matched suspension. Front strut would over damped and rear under damped. The spring rate would not match Forester weight that well either.
Basically you would only get lowered saggy butt look with none ride and handling you are aiming for.
Thanks for your advise....anyone else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts